The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried from add/remove programs but it it wouldn't let me. Does anyone know other ways to do it?

My laptop acts really weird and sometimes restarts with a flash of "blue screen of death" for a second before it does. It was working perfectly fine before. :/

damn windows :angry2:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am not sure but I think you can only uninstall it if you didnt get rid of the old files. I dont have SP2 installed so I am not possitive about this but it should have asked you at the end if you want to keep the old files in case you want to uninstall SP2.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Its an option to save the old files so you can remove SP2 if you want to. I removed it from a laptop here at work just for kicks and it totally fubar'd the thing. Had to reimage it.

If you need to screw with it I highly recommend you get a good backup of your important data first, because you might totally mess up your machine and have to format it.

·
Captain Obvious!
874 Posts
nexus said:
Inset Windows disc. Format. Rinse and repeat as needed.
From experience thats what we've had to do at work on some people's laptops....even when you backup the old files and remove....it just dont run like it did before........hope everything works out!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
russman said:
I tried from add/remove programs but it it wouldn't let me. Does anyone know other ways to do it?

My laptop acts really weird and sometimes restarts with a flash of "blue screen of death" for a second before it does. It was working perfectly fine before. :/

damn windows :angry2:
:eek:wned: :p ;)

pauly
~ no problems running winxp sp2 on all my computers :)

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
You can remove it from add/remove programs or you can do a restore from the point where SP2 was installed (the installation creates one automatically).

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
You can remove SP2 via the add remove programs function. The changes it makes to the OS are pretty deep though, and it never seems to run quite right after it's been removed.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I would just suggest reformatting, but you can also just do a system restore to a date prior to the SP2 install.

·
Registered
81 Posts
russy try doing a system restore

START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SySTEM TooLS > System Restore

This should work for you Senor. :)

EDIT - probably not - sp2 is a major windows update. I doubt system restore can help much but give it a whirl. Will take 5mins compared to 30mins reinstall and PIA reinstalling apps, data, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts