The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
LS1Dave
21 Posts
resetting the air bag light?

when i pulled the passanger seat out to install the amp under it i had to unplug the harness. i replugged it in after the install, and now the air bag light flashes and the passanger airbag is turned off (with me sitting in it).

does anyone know how to reset the system? i tried to unplug the battery for a while, but that didnt do it. can i just follow the reset the SES light procedure?

EDIT:::

Flashing Blinking Airbag Warning Light Reset Procedure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
LS1Dave
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think i can just ignore it. thisbeing a new car with 2k miles on it, i think ill try to get the dealer to reset it for me. if my girl (nismo girl) goes in, maybe she can charm them wit her girly charm. :D

·
The status quo sucks
49 Posts
Do a search. There is a way to fix yourself. Basically turn your key to ACC mode, hit the door jam button, the button that turns your light on and off when the door is open, about 10 times under 10 seconds. Turn the car off and follow this 1-3 times and the light will go bye-bye.

·
LS1Dave
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, ill try the door thing, and if that doesnt work ill go to auto zone and use their free OBDII scanner. ill post back if either works or doesnt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took my dash apart this weekend and when I plugged back in the Airbag to the dash my light also will not stop blinking, tried the door thing and let it run through 3 times, nothing... will resetting the ECU work, my stealership is 20 mi's away and i F'in hate them

·
ex-nissan owner
304 Posts
There is no way to fix it yourself... dont let anyone try and tell you that.. you will have to take it into Nissan, but play dumb and they will reset it for you under warranty as long as you play dumb.. dont tell them you took the seat out or installed anything.. just tell them it came on for no reason. I forgot to plug mine in also when I installed my new tv, and I took the car in the nexxt day and my tech was nice enough to reset it for me for free, while they were replacing a motor mount and changing my oil.

·
The status quo sucks
49 Posts
Playin dumb is what most of the people who can't fix it themselves say. If people used the search function they will find what they are looking for. I did use the door trick to fix my airbag light. It takes some patience to get the sequence down and enough patience to try more than once.

·
LS1Dave
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i actually did search htis subject, as i do every time before i post, and nothing came up.

i tried the door thing, with no luck. does it have to be in 'ON' or 'Accessory', and do i start pushing the buttom innediately after the key is turned? i then turn the key to 'OFF' i assume then back again? why does the car honk the second time i turn the key?

thanks for the help. im gonna try the OBDII checker after work today and see if that works, if not then ill try the door thing agian.

·
Firday Misspeller
336 Posts
Reset Air Bag Blinking

car audio dave said:
when i pulled the passanger seat out to install the amp under it i had to unplug the harness. i replugged it in after the install, and now the air bag light flashes and the passanger airbag is turned off (with me sitting in it).

does anyone know how to reset the system? i tried to unplug the battery for a while, but that didnt do it. can i just follow the reset the SES light procedure?
Flashing Blinking Airbag Warning Light--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
Firday Misspeller
336 Posts
05 Blinking Airbag light (How to make this a FAQ/Sticky)

How can this be posted as a Sticky or a FAQ ? Here's the actual text:

Flashing Blinking Airbag Warning Light
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts