The Nissan Club banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
thx, worked for me too.. first try. i'm also a bit concerned about this effecting the airbags. sensors seem fine when i went to test out the sensor on the centor console by sitting on the passenger side and watching the sensor go off. can anyone confirm that this won't harm or effect the airbags?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are several reasons that your airbag light shows up. You can follow this procedure to reset it.
  • Start your ignition system by turning the key to the ON position, ensuring not to crank the engine. The airbag lights will stay on before they begin to flicker.
  • Switch the ignition system to OFF as soon as the light goes off and withdraw your key before the lights start flashing again.
  • Turn the ignition ON after 5 seconds.
  • Repeat the first and second steps twice. Notice that you will have a different blinking pattern after your last move.
  • Ensure you repeat steps 1 and 2 at least three times before cranking the engine.
  • See if the airbag light sign lights up for a few seconds before going OFF for good. However, if the blinking persists, loop through the steps indicated above for better results.

Actually, you should find out the reasons before trying to reset it to make sure there are no hidden issues.
https://www.obdadvisor.com/what-does-the-airbag-light-flashing-tell-nissans-owners/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, it took me a while to make the light to stop blinking after taking my car to a horn repair where they disassembled the steering wheel to check the horn ribbon.

I tried several things, my nissan is b14 but the japanese sunny version. This is what worked for me:

1. Turn key switch to on

2. Press door button on the lower inside part of the car while dor is open 10 times (this the bottom that controls the open door indication light on the dashboard,
If your in america and your car is a japanese version like mine this button will be the one on the passanger side, since remember this is the driver side for japan.)

3. Turn of the car, key switch all the way down, right away.

Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3.
Bam light gone.

Not sure if just my car is wanky and they didnt adapt it correctly but hopefully this will help someone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did not work for me and ive done it a few times and even disconnected the negative for a few minutes put it back on and nothing it was all the same. i need this fixed badly i dont feel safe with anyone riding over there and i have to get those lights off or it will not pass smog that way

21 - 30 of 30 Posts