The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
My TPSM will not go away after I put air in my tires.
Anyone know how I can reset?
The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) will turn on the warning lamp if there is a problem with the system. Normally, they come on for one of two reasons: the tire pressure is low in one or more of the tires, or, one of the TPMS sensors is bad or the battery is weak. The battery is a non-serviceabie part within each of the four sensors, so the sensor must be replaced if the battery is weak or bad. Also, they tend to last about 5-7 years, and when one goes, the others are usually not far behind if they are the original sensors. You would need to get the trouble codes to find out what the problem is, but this requires a capable scan tool. Also, keep in mind that if there is a code for a sensor in a specific iocation (i.e. the left front wheei), the position indicated is for the location of the TPMS sensor when it was registered. If a sensor was programmed at the left front wheel, for example, then it was later rotated to the left rear and not reprogrammed and that sensor went bad, the trouble code triggered would be for the left front sensor as that is where the now faulty sensor was last registered. Sensors need to be registered (or "programmed") using a TPMS trigger tool as well as a capable scantool.

You can take the car to a good tire shop and they should be able to find the bad sensor and be able to replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Took it to a dealership. It was a simple fix. There's a button on the steering wheel that resets the system. Took 5 seconds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts