The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20012 3.5 SR. I took out the seats, carpet, and center console to add sound damping material on the floor board. Now the air bag warning lights in the speedo and also the light on the dash above the radio are on (indicating the passenger seat air bad is off).

I searched the forum and found only methods for older cars that did not work. The method I used on my "03 Frontier does not work either.

How do I reset the air bag system on my 2012? There are no error codes according to my code reader.

·
Registered
501 Posts
push the ignition from OFF to ON
the air bag warning light will appear for about 7 seconds and turns off.
then push igniition switch OFF immediately.
after ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for about 6 seconds.

after you REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 3 TIMES, push the ignition switch ON, this time the ABS warning light has been reset.
step on the brake and push the button to start the car. turn the ignition off and start the car. Hope this will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2012 nissan altima 2.5 s automatic and i replaced my cabin filter and made sure anything that was unplugged was pluggged back in now my airbag light will not stop blinking and the light indicating that the passenger airbag is off. i have done the turn on and off with the light thing and i can tell it works but after the slow flash it goes back to a fast flashing and i just dont know what to do and i have smog time coming up. please help

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 2012 nissan altima 2.5 s automatic and i replaced my cabin filter and made sure anything that was unplugged was pluggged back in now my airbag light will not stop blinking and the light indicating that the passenger airbag is off. i have done the turn on and off with the light thing and i can tell it works but after the slow flash it goes back to a fast flashing and i just dont know what to do and i have smog time coming up. please help
What did you have to unplug to remove your cabin filter? Should be nothing to unplug unless the 2.5 is different from the 3.5

·
Registered
4 Posts
What did you have to unplug to remove your cabin filter? Should be nothing to unplug unless the 2.5 is different from the 3.5
I didnt have to unplug anything. And I've gone to fuse box switched out fuses to check that, didnt work. I keep on trying the turn on until light goes off turn off 3 times and the light blinks slowly twice and back to fast blinking. I have tried to check all wiring under each seat and make sure the connections are still together and no matter what I try it doesnt make it better even took my negative off for more than 5 seconds and then back on. Not sure where to go from here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts