The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t seem to figure out how to tighten the handbrake on my Altima coupe. It only engages when I pull it really hard and it feels loose. There is a bolt I can see through a hole in the handbrake when it’s fully pulled up I assume that is to tighten it although I have no clue how to get to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It may be telling you you need rear brakes, the adjustment goes off like that when they are well worn, you change brake pads and then the handbrake is right again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be telling you you need rear brakes, the adjustment goes off like that when they are well worn, you change brake pads and then the handbrake is right again.
I actually just changed them 2 days ago thinking it would fix the problem :/

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
You changed the brakes but cannot figure out how to adjust a simple cable adjuster bolt? Forgive me if that dichotomy seems a bit weird.

Likely any console or console cover has to come off to get to adjustment. If you figured out brakes that should be a no-brainer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You changed the brakes but cannot figure out how to adjust a simple cable adjuster bolt? Forgive me if that dichotomy seems a bit weird.

Likely any console or console cover has to come off to get to adjustment. If you figured out brakes that should be a no-brainer.
To my surprise I actually found the brake pads fairly easily to change, I just can’t figure out how to remove the console cover to get to the adjustment cable

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
You know, he is likely right, I had forgotten about that design. Likely the rotor assembly has to be adjusted up as well to a certain point before any cable gets touched.

My bad on that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts