The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
i know there are some of those tabs along the back window. my guess. pull those out and then take out the dome light assemblies. you want a sunroof or something?

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i just want to see why i hear a rattle in the ceiling... dealerships cant seem to find it..

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
phish368 said:
actually i just want to see why i hear a rattle in the ceiling... dealerships cant seem to find it..
It's not the dome light?? There was a tsb for it that where it buzzed on groved roads or bass notes. My dealership nearly elimintated the noise it only makes noise if the bass is too high which is my fault.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
bass being too high is not ur fault, unless you have an aftermarket system? The car should be set to handle whatever comes stock with it. I'm not complaining...i have every rattle and creaking possible in my car...but still.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem is that i am such a ****en anal bastard... (no i dont like anal) lol.... But i hate every little squeak and rattle.. I would not be surprised if i am the most hated customer at my nissan dealership.. lol.. but f**k it, i pay for it.. lol...

Maybe ill just forget about the ceiling sound.. i can pretty much deal with it.. its that ****en mysterious glovebox/right front door rattle that has me mind-****ed... When it gets warmer out i def will have to take the panel off the door and check it out...

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
phish368 said:
it's related to the dome light.. but not the light exactly.. the wires running to the dome light.. run across the ceiling, and Nissan never decided to insulate the wires therefore that is what is causing your rattle.. the wires run right over your head (the driver seat) ... wheny ou hear the rattle.. push on your roof from inside the car.. and I gaurentee the rattle will stop

·
all about the washingtons
326 Posts
just let it go phish...one occasional rattle isnt bad. you'll be ok............did you hear that?

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks wills...... so hard to just let it go... but as far as the ceiling goes.. i think im going ot have to let it go...

just makes me upset to know that i have a new car with all these stupid little bugs... you know?

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
phish......u'd hate my car...i get horrible noises in mine...that's what you get when you take everything apart and when you drive hard like i do. Just take care of ur car and DON'T TAKE ANYTHING APART!!!! and you should avoid the creaks, rattles, and squeaks that my car makes.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
too late, already took apart the front dash, radio, heating controls, and glovebox... going to be taking off the right front door panel when it gets warm out.. lol

but thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought I had a rattle in the headliner also -- I kept hearing it in my right ear. Come to find out it is the driver's side seat belt pivot. Every time I went over a bump I heard it. I don't know if there is anything I can do with it -- it's a plastic on plastic sound at that point.:mad:

·
2,159 Posts
phish368 said:
too late, already took apart the front dash, radio, heating controls, and glovebox... going to be taking off the right front door panel when it gets warm out.. lol

but thanks
Door panel is cake you can take that off in less than ten minutes. Just be carefull if your windows are tinted.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
man i have a bad rattle coming from my dash....but i know what it is doe....its one of those ceramic bobble heads....hahaha....i didnt buy it, one of my friends bought it for me so i had to put it in...(she's cute..im a sucka for cute girls...cute girls with gifts...cute girl with gifts for me..)hahah

1 - 18 of 18 Posts