The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a Murano in the parking lot of the grocery store the other day and I really like its appearance. Good size, sleek lines -- it has an elegant appearance. I get about 20 mpg in my '03 Altima as I drive mostly city; I can deal with this but I'd really like to see 30 mpg average. Can the Murano do this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, cool enough, the Murano can store your best mileage date. So far, on one ride on the highway, I averaged 26, but this was just for one day's driving. Overall, I'm at 17mpg. I mostly drive in the city. Lowest 13mpg driving through the city to the market 5 minutes away and 26mpg driving to a cousin's house 40 minutes a way on mostly highway.

Hope that helps.

I suspected no less. My counter to this was to join Costco to get cheaper gas.

MBC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I was really, really hoping the Murano could beat my Altima. I'd much rather have an SUV than a car as the SUVs sit up higher and you can see better out of them. Averaging 26 mpg *is* better, technically, but not quite as much of an improvement as I was hoping for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No problem.

Unlikely because the Murano is an SUV--no way it could beat a sedan I don't think in terms of mpg. I took another look and I'm getting 22mpg at the moment, so yes, bigger vehicle, less mpg. There is a trade off. Hopefully, this helps. :)

MBC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were talking about your ride in the other thread and then I talked with the spouse, too. I think maybe I'll revisit the idea of gaining a lot more mpg since I really don't want to go with another sedan. I'm probably still doing good if an SUV can at least get the same gas mileage as my sedan... right? ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts