The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how much oil everyone puts in their Versa at oil change and how the dipstick reads. The owners manual says 3 7/8 qts with filter and 3 3/8 qts without filter. Soon after I bought my 2016 I was researching and somewhere I remember finding 3.2 qts. I've been using 3.2 qts with filter change on every change. Even at 3.2 qts my dipstick reads just slightly over the full mark but, it not enough to worry about. Other than 3.2 qts reading about right on the dipstick this is within 1 oz of 3 liters which would make sense considering the manufacturer is in a country that uses the metric system.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
They use different pans on some to vary the oil requirement. The MR18 has the same issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They use different pans on some to vary the oil requirement. The MR18 has the same issue.
I thought that might be the case but, they should note it in the owners manual. The difference in what I put in and what the owners manual says is 22 oz, maybe not enough to matter but since it shows above full with what I'm putting in I feel better without the extra oil in it. When I fill mine with 3.2 qts it shows about 1/8-1/4" above the full mark on the dipstick and I don't worry about it since nearly every car I've owned in 45 years has shown slightly above the full mark when putting in the recommended amount. The owners manual gives a 1/2 qt difference in capacity with and without filter too. I always change my filter so that doesn't affect me but, as small as that filter is I'd be surprised if it held more than 6-8 oz. Again there may be different size filters available. Usually by the time oil change time comes around mine is showing full or maybe 1/8" below full. I always keep a close check on the oil level in my vehicles and if it gets 1/2 qt. down on the dipstick I top it off instead of running it in that condition unless it's within a few hundred miles of oil change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts