The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that there performance is about the same and its a personal thing on what better, but with a 98 alty is one gonna fit better than the other so i don't have to worry about the ABS breaks being in the way?

·
Registered
81 Posts
uh your talking about intakes?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
duke5021 said:
ya. i think most people knew that arn't noobs
just like folks that have been here more than a month should know to post intake questions in the Engine performance forum right?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Because the Place Racing wouldn't go in cause of my ABS unit (and I'm guessing the Hotshot would have the same problem) I'm rockin my homebrewed short ram intake. I might try turning it into a homebrewed CAI later in spring/summer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just ordered my HS and Im chompin at the bit waitin for Kevin at SWA to get it to me. damn UPS slow boats.

Gonna do a dyno run stock and one after installin the intake so we can see exactly what it makes.

Sink

·
502 Posts
flarearrow said:
Because the Place Racing wouldn't go in cause of my ABS unit (and I'm guessing the Hotshot would have the same problem) I'm rockin my homebrewed short ram intake. I might try turning it into a homebrewed CAI later in spring/summer.
coming over to the "cold" side? :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im going to CAI to...
i thought about doing the JWT one because it was like 80$ cheaper, but then i realize that i don't really drive at high rpm's all the time and that is where the WAI performance is in. i drive more of the highway driving so i would want the gains to be there. what kind of intake do you have ckohl23 and did you have to cut anything at all to make it fit in your 98 cause of the ABS?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
ckohl23 said:
coming over to the "cold" side? :D
hehehe not yet... Like I said, when I have the time. I have other things I wanna do first. But I want to make a system where I can swap between the 2 easily.

·
502 Posts
duke5021 said:
im going to CAI to...
i thought about doing the JWT one because it was like 80$ cheaper, but then i realize that i don't really drive at high rpm's all the time and that is where the WAI performance is in. i drive more of the highway driving so i would want the gains to be there. what kind of intake do you have ckohl23 and did you have to cut anything at all to make it fit in your 98 cause of the ABS?
i feel the same way about wai vs. cai. unfortunately, i don't have an intake yet, but if i did i'd probably get the place racing CAI. i don't have ABS either so i won't have that problem.

·
502 Posts
flarearrow said:
hehehe not yet... Like I said, when I have the time. I have other things I wanna do first. But I want to make a system where I can swap between the 2 easily.
sounds good...what kind of upgrades are you thinking about getting?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks goes out to the guys at SWA. I just got my HS CAI today got the box open and checked out all the goodies. This one impressivly made intake. On close inspection you can see great care was taken during the manufacturing process. Im probably gonna install it this weekend, if the weather warms a lil'. But im may just wait till the guys from Eastside get back from vaca. I wanna dyno the car stock and then with intake to see what the real gain in WHP is.

I'll keep you all posted.

Sink

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
sinkhole, don't be surprised if you got to run out and buy extra hardware. I've heard of people running out to buy new breather hoses cause the factory ones won't reach, or some of the fittings not the right size for the hoses. Make sure you have Loctite handy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts