The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas why my Altima which is usually not running too well, suddenly runs great with the humid, cooler, weather around here lately?

Normally, the transmission slips, the engine lacks power, and the exhaust reeks of gas, but on the way home tonight everything actually worked well. It was almost as if it was a completely different car. The car seems to have those problems only on maybe 1 day in 3, even if the weather is the same. But even when its in a good mood, it doesn't drive as well as it did tonight. Maybe the humidity affected the fuel systems, but I don't know if that would cause such a large improvement.

Im pretty sure I need new oxygen sensors, but is there anything else that should be checked or replaced?

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
I notice a big difference when there is too much humid in the air, engine sounds louder and lacks some power, but when it's nice and dry, car runs so much nicer, and i feel some difference in power. Maybe my dirty ass air filter is the problem.

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
ars said:
I notice a big difference when there is too much humid in the air, engine sounds louder and lacks some power, but when it's nice and dry, car runs so much nicer, and i feel some difference in power. Maybe my dirty ass air filter is the problem.
Usually when humidity gives bad engine performance it could be because the ignition wires or some ignition component could be arcing somewhere. Some people have gotten away with replacing the wires altogether by simply using some "ignition-friendly" cleaner like Simple Green to clean the outer jacket.

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
I notice it runs slightly better in the night time, mainly due to the colder air the intake is taking in, but not that big of a difference though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts