The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
hi
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up i was planning on getting a place racing CAI in a month or somethin but then i saw some shit about hydrolock. can someone tell me more about this and what r the chances of it happenin?

·
Banned
0 Posts
hydrolocking is when water enters the intake, and to make it short, the water locks up the engine. To avoid this with a CAI, it is HIGHLY recommended to spend the $50 and get an AEM bypass valve, which lets air in, keeps water out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
EATHER GET THE BYPASS VALVE OR JUST GET A WARM AIR INTAKE IT HONESTLY DOES NOT MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE WHEN THE CAR IS DYNO TESTED AND IN MY OPINION THE WARM AIR WILL BE ALL AROUND SAFER FOR THE CAR

NEO

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
i drove around in rainy FL with just the CAI for about 7 months and not one problem. But when it rained, BOY did i drive carefully. I finally just got the AEM bypass valve. I feel a lot safer now. I'm not about to go try it out, i just hope it does it's job when it needs to.

Get the PR CAI,, it's definately worth it, and if you are scared or don't like the cai, you can always make it wai. It's 2-in-1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts