The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey have you guys done an hypermiling experiment on the versa 2013? I would need some modifications on to improve fuel compsumtion. Does using lightweight rim like advanti storm 16 inch and throttle controller will improve fuel efficiency significantly? Or is there any other way? Like adjus the ecu to make car idle at 600rpm or installing auto start stop system? Im also know that cae manufacturer intently make car running rich at 12:1 mixture instead of 14:1, can mixture adjusted to 14:1 back? Im currently driving mainly in the city and averaging in 21.8 mpg. Im using 17 inch fake ce28n rays rim. Tyres are 215 45 17 continental uc6

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Hey have you guys done an hypermiling experiment on the versa 2013? I would need some modifications on to improve fuel compsumtion. Does using lightweight rim like advanti storm 16 inch and throttle controller will improve fuel efficiency significantly? Or is there any other way? Like adjus the ecu to make car idle at 600rpm or installing auto start stop system? Im also know that cae manufacturer intently make car running rich at 12:1 mixture instead of 14:1, can mixture adjusted to 14:1 back? Im currently driving mainly in the city and averaging in 21.8 mpg. Im using 17 inch fake ce28n rays rim. Tyres are 215 45 17 continental uc6
1. Explain how you would adjust the ECU to make the car idle at 600 rpm.

2. Explain how you would install auto stop/start system. Aren't you able to turn the car off when you stop, and restart it when you want to accelerate?

3. How do you know that the manufacture has the car set at 12:1 instead of the 14.7:1 air fuel ratio?

When the AFR is ideal, the mixture burns completely during combustion. This is known as the stoichiometric ratio or just "stoich", and for gasoline is 14.7:1.

You might see a small increase in fuel economy if you purchase a throttle controller, as your wallet will be lighter, and less weight for your car to haul around. Less weight = greater fuel economy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Explain how you would adjust the ECU to make the car idle at 600 rpm.

2. Explain how you would install auto stop/start system. Aren't you able to turn the car off when you stop, and restart it when you want to accelerate?

3. How do you know that the manufacture has the car set at 12:1 instead of the 14.7:1 air fuel ratio?

When the AFR is ideal, the mixture burns completely during combustion. This is known as the stoichiometric ratio or just "stoich", and for gasoline is 14.7:1.

You might see a small increase in fuel economy if you purchase a throttle controller, as your wallet will be lighter, and less weight for your car to haul around. Less weight = greater fuel economy.
Thanks for replying, you're the first so i appreciate it. I'm adamant and serious trying to improve milage as much as possible. My company pay for my gas so why would i care on fuel save? Thats because i care and seeing modern car are very tunable im wiling to learn and try seeking advice from net are in your fingertip, why not? If i cant then im happy as is, the car are comfy in exchange of fuel hogging i can accept that.

1.adjusting the timing in the ecu? Such as make car idling 600rpm instead of factory 1000rpm? Im sure smart tuner can either that or installing aftermarket ecu. The idea are car idle at 1000rpm will use fuel at etc but if car idle at 500rpm it will use fuel at half of etc

2. The way im saying this are im from country which versas didn't use auto start stop system. Maybe in America the versa are using the system and have mpg improvement? And there are many mechanic in america modified the car heavily for fuel saving so perhaps they have installing the system separately? With factory spec so it wouldn't intrude badly for the car.
Yes i can manually start and stop like you say but that not modification as this post wanted... To much hastle manually doing that

3. Well im seeing the info on the web. Manufacturers play safe of using rich mixture. I'm pretty sure all across manufacturers doing this. As default. Can search it online im sure theres plenty. And if you can adjust back to 14:7:1 back i wanna know much it will improve, and how. Yes stochiometric are mixture of fuel completely burn, but the goal here is to make afr lean as possible without pre ignition happen and im sure many gearhead can adjust said afr, to have higher mpg.

Haha my pocket already lighter from fill up the gas because im getting 21.8 mpg my man 😂my pocket are not going lighter anytime soon but i get what you're saying.

I'm from another side of the world so I'm not jarhead you encounter usually, in fact, I'm jealous, in my place there's no super efficient small cc diesel, there's only run of the mill 1.5 cc car, small cc gasoline car but not high technology. Also because you have a choice to bypass fuel compsumtion argue as you can use nissan leaf or small cc diesel car that hyper efficient like vw lupo that get 3l/100km or 77mpg? And i have nissan versa now, thats what i got and thats what im working with rn

No intent to talk thing out of topic but im gonna say it anyway

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there emission laws and vehicle emission testing in your country?
Yes, testing if i want to change the car ownership, must be performed on computerized vehicle inspection centre. There's another one, its rare, but sometimes happen. A roadblock thats government sanctioned, from ministry of department. Getting caught doing illegal thing by this means two thing, either big fine or car towed to the centre.

Emissions law in my country are strict, but not enforced as much. It's just getting cought usually end up in bad news.

·
Registered
47 Posts
In my experience hypermiling has more to do with HOW YOU DRIVE rather than mods.

Do some reading on hypermile technique before making tweaks to the hardware.

I found I always beat factory MPG ratings with a manual rather than auto transmission. With a manual I do allot coasting in neutral unless I actually need power.

If you are doing mostly city driving (under 50 MPH) might want to look at running smaller wheels as a cheap way to regear the vehicle. Smaller wheels need less power to get going from a stop but use more fuel on the hwy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts