The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of hyperwhites for my 2000 Altima...I just noticed that one of them is out...but when this happened...my Highbeam signal came on, it stays on whenever my headlights are turned on, even in the neutral position (highbeams are not turned on). Is this just a easy fix with a new bulb? Or something else? I don't want to waste money on another bulb when it is a different problem. Thanks

·
Banned
0 Posts
it sounds like it is some sort of safety feature, to maybe make sure that when you turn your lights on, both of them are on.....i have a 1st gen though, so I don't know

·
Registered
425 Posts
it sounds like your headlights maybe to much wattage for your headlight harness and its melting it. not to be a bitch but this has been covered many times before *do a search* you will find all your answers to your questions. good luck :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
highbeam

se_12alty said:
it sounds like your headlights maybe to much wattage for your headlight harness and its melting it. not to be a bitch but this has been covered many times before *do a search* you will find all your answers to your questions. good luck :D
No no no...you weren't being a bitch...but just to let you know...even though it does say "newbie" next to my name, I've always done a search before hand. Sometimes my questions are asking for certain different things...for example...in the thread i posted...I mentioned my highbeam signal is always on now...so I wanted to see if anyone had an answer or suggestion to it...and this was not mentioned in any of the searches that were found pertaining to "headlights" or "highbeam." And thanks for your input...later

·
Registered
480 Posts
It sounds like it is burned out. Switch the bulbs, and also check the wiring. Just basic trouble shooting.

·
See ya on the flipside...
464 Posts
If G's idea does help the problem. Try going back to the OEM bulbs and see if it does the same, if so, take to the dealership and have them trouble shoot it. If not, then it's the bulbs and upgrade ur wiring harness. Laterz.

·
OLD??? Who's OLD??? MEEE?
94 Posts
drew4one said:
I have a pair of hyperwhites for my 2000 Altima...I just noticed that one of them is out...but when this happened...my Highbeam signal came on, it stays on whenever my headlights are turned on, even in the neutral position (highbeams are not turned on). Is this just a easy fix with a new bulb? Or something else? I don't want to waste money on another bulb when it is a different problem. Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a feature on the car. Whenever one of the headlight bulbs goes out, the hight beam light tells you that there is a problem with one of the lights. When you replace the burnt bulb, the highbeam light will go off when headlights are on. I have a 99, and it does the same thing. You have no worries, just change the bulb and you'll be fine.

Rick

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jbuffethed said:
mine was doing that too with some 55w plasma blues. I just wiggled the bulb connector and haven't had any problems since
Hey! The "wiggle" method worked...headlight is back! Sweet...thanks a lot for your help along with everyone else who replied to this thread...take care...later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts