The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is my problem. The car is a 95 altima GXE auto. I was driving it and i noticed that there was some hesitations at around 3k-5k rpm's. The car stalled on me 2 times already while driving. I thought it was electrical and changed the sparkplugs and cables also the ignition rotor. It's still has the same problem.

About a year ago the car stalled and my girl took it to a mechanic, and she was told that it was the ignition. They also told us that there was a oil leak from the cam seal. This leak caused the ignition to go bad. Can this be hapening all aver again?? If so how hard is it to do a cam seal??

Any help will be apreciated. Thanks.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
If you are having the same problems as before, take it to a different mechanic and get a diagnosis of the problem. Then take it back to the person who did the work before, b/c he most likely say that it isn't related to the past problem.

Also, why are you driving your car at 5k RPM? Driving like that, you are asking for problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just took the car to a shop for an oppinion. I was the one that did the install of the ignition after that?

Also, why are you driving your car at 5k RPM? Driving like that, you are asking for problems.[/QUOTE]

I'm not driving at 5k rpm's. I had it in park and reving it to past the 3k rpm line and that's where the hesitation comes in b/w 3k to 5k. Thanks for your input and nice avatar.

Any body else.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
This could be related to a number of things like:

FUEL FILTER
WIRESET
SPARK PLUG
CHOKE THERMOSTAT
FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE
IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR
THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
ELECTRONIC SPARK CONTROL MODULE

I would start with the easy stuff like checking your spark plugs, wires, and the sort

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Oh Yeah, and make sure that your battery has a good charge on it, I know that it sounds dumb, but check it anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts