The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here but not new to cars. I am building a 550hp civic si and tring to come up with plans for my 95 altima. I have got the turbo and some of the basics to run but having my manifold built is a trick in it self. is anyone else here boostin? I want to get some ideas on the piping and intercooler suggestions

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
cthunder can fill you in on some shit, but really, a simple search would have gained you what you need.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
there is a company selling turbo manifolds. someone posted a link in one of the threads. like i said, try searching and that link might show up. if i knew where it was, id help you, but i dont.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you guys ever heard of full-race? They are maiking out manifolds for our honda turbo but they are for making over 500hp and are about $1,100. WE have talked with them and they might make them for us. They do not need to be full race setups just we are tring to get about 350hp out of it

·
Registered
300 Posts
i think someone needs to step up to the plate and make a turbo for the 2nd gen:D :p id be the first to buy. maybe you are the chosen one? lol but anyway, hmm, a manifold. im not sure, but i would say f-max too. theyre dependable, a few friends i know have turbo kits from them. and ive never heard of full-race. where are they located and are they new?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
lilrocket said:
i think someone needs to step up to the plate and make a turbo for the 2nd gen:D :p id be the first to buy. maybe you are the chosen one? lol but anyway, hmm, a manifold. im not sure, but i would say f-max too. theyre dependable, a few friends i know have turbo kits from them. and ive never heard of full-race. where are they located and are they new?
if JWT or someone made a chip for the 2nd gen wed be in business...we can use the FMax kit from what ive read on here, but without the computer chip it wont be much use...please someone make a chip for us 2nd genners! If i knew there was a turbo kit/chip out for 98 and up Altys, i would SAVE my money (what little i get...) to get a turbo. as it is, im still stock except for intake...but im in college, so i guess ill have a good job and can do stuff when i get out of here!!!

Monki

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
hmmmm
boost controller, boost referenced fpr, and u are in business.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
hmm i didnt know you could get around it without a chip.
thats an idea then :) so there is hope eh? i thought the CPU would have problems with all the extra air coming into the engine, and that the stock chip couldnt compensate...? ive read a lot of stuff on here about turboing, but i guess i havent heard this side of it...ok maybe we should say....

to turbo a second gen Altima, what would you need besides
Turbo itself
manifold
intercooler
injectors, fuel pump
(stock internals, so no boosting over 9 psi, more like around 7 psi of boost though...seems like a safer number and still probably a decent HP gain)
overly simplified list i know, but without a chip, what would you need to get a turbo up and running well on a 2nd Gen? just curious, cuz if it can be done, money will be saved (forget rims, suspension, etc...all that will come after the turbo!)
thanks guys :)

Monki

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
making it run is one thing. making reliable hp is another. u may wanna pick the brains of cthunder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts