The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just reading a post about some guy asking how to peal out. everyone was saying that you have to be in rainy or wt conditions or you can do that thing with the e break. i, on the other hand can just pop it into first and hit the gas and i peal out... and i have no (known) mods to my car. i bought it used about a year ago (97 gxe) is this corect? should i be able to do this, or does there have to be some kind of mod to the car

also, my car runs to the red, and ive never seen another automatic do that befopre, does anyone elses automatic run right to the red?

thx allot guyes

·
Registered
26 Posts
i cant peel out. although i can make my car run to the red if i jam on the gas then when i hit about 5000 i jam it again it will run right to 6000-6300

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
If I floor it from a stand point (in D), it won't peel out. I can hear my tires straining to keep traction (I have very grippy tires), and the needle will go up to 6500rpm in first and second gear (I've never floored more than from a start to beginning of 3rd gear.

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
I've done it , and you must have not driven many cars it's easy to near redline an auto I do it all the time

·
Registered
480 Posts
jubie: u can peel out on flat ground, or are you on a small upward incline? I always peel out in D on an incline (of course).

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Okay, here's an interesting tidbit for ya. Do you notice that after driving your car in the city for a while, the gas pedal starts to feel mushy? Well, I've noticed that after using my cruise control for a while makes the gas pedal very nice and almost hard to push in again. Last night, right after using my cruise for 15 minutes, I pulled up to a red light, punched it in Drive and actually felt my tires slip a lot more than usual. It wasn't raining or anything, and on a level surface. It's weird that the pedal resistance could give me more power when accelerating, but it's true.

Try it, you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i can peal out on flat, dry ground. and all my tiers have over 80% tred. but im not in D, im in 1.

·
10,560 Posts
Yeah, i have an auto too, and i can peel out (if it's in 1st) pretty easily also. When it's raining, like Mel said, it sucks, gotta watch how i nail the gas.

But i haven't had that experience with the cruise control. I use cruise everyday on my commute for atleast ~75 miles when there's no traffic either way. When i hit traffic and don't use it, i don't feel a difference at all in pedal feel. I dunno if that's good or not, hehe. :confused:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I peel out way too easily! My stage 2 clutch is nuts! I chirp 2nd and third sometimes if lucky. I love my 5-speed!

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
I don't know about you guys but my car changes gears at 6500rpm in all gears up to 4 .it's like my car loves redlining.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can get mine to peal out on level surfaces most of the time, but it depends on the type of surface. Also, it's easier to do if you ease into the gas, rather than just flooring it (which will kinda bog the engine down). On wet surfaces, I can really peel out, every time. On a somewhat related note, I had a 2001 Altima with an automatic tranny for a rental car, and I noticed that it would peel out every time, regardless of the surface conditions. Seemed to have a lot more torque, or maybe they have better torque converters? The top end power didn't seem as good, though.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
130 Posts
well damn that makes me love my stick even more i can smoke both of them like hell in first for about 10-20 feet and i can get a pretty good secone gear scratch too ha ha well hope this doenst hurt anyones feelings he he and yeah thats on dry pavement too

·
super primer mobile
1,054 Posts
I had a burnout video one time or another, I don't remember what happened to that, I ran out of space though. I had to let off the gas because I would have spun out into the middle of traffic, in first gear. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts