The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......I got a flat tire today and I went to Sears, Discount Tire, Pep Boys, BF Goodrich, and Firestone and no one had a F***en Bridgestone 215/55R17 V-rated Turanza in stock!!!!! WTF!!!!

Sorry, ya'll I had to vent my frustration. Anyways, tommorow I go back to the Firestone store to get an H-rated Turanza replacement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if I'm not mistaken the speed rating for the 2002 Altima V6 tire is an H rating from the factory ( if you believe the owners manual), 130 MPH max sustained speed. V rated tires are 149 MPH max sustained speed, is what I run on my Impala SS.

I just looked at my 2002 V6 out in the garage and the tires on it are H rated 215/55R17 Turanza,s. My point being are you sure they make that tire in a V Speed rating?

Bob McCoy

·
Registered
88 Posts
BobsSE said:
if I'm not mistaken the speed rating for the 2002 Altima V6 tire is an H rating from the factory ( if you believe the owners manual), 130 MPH max sustained speed. V rated tires are 149 MPH max sustained speed, is what I run on my Impala SS.

I just looked at my 2002 V6 out in the garage and the tires on it are H rated 215/55R17 Turanza,s. My point being are you sure they make that tire in a V Speed rating?

Bob McCoy
Yes they do, H rating is for the automatic, V rating for the standard.
Page 9-9 of the owners manual.
You can also check out TireRack at

V Rated 215/50-17 Tires

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You can always get the tire patched until you can find the tire that your want.

Sure, patched tires doesn't retain the speed rating but heck, it's better than rushing into bad deals. Give yourself something to shop around.

Also didn't someone said that 235/50-17 will work as well?

·
Parts pusher
165 Posts
Those damn turanza's are oem tires,The only way I could get them is special order,The manufacture gets contracts with tire
companys to supply there tires.So when you need a replacement
tire you can't find them.I had a customer drive around on a spare
for two weeks before I could get one.Plus there way over priced!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Altimat said:
Do you always replace your tires when you get a flat?
Yes, I do. The screw was right where the tread meets with the sidewall so i am pretty sure it wouldn't have done any good to patch it. Although, I did ask them if it was possible to patch it up and they said no.......they just wanted to sell me a new tire.

I got the tire replaced this morning so now I have 3 V-rated tires and 1 H-rated tire. Hopefully, no problems will arise. BTW it costed $190 which I believe is pretty high for a single tire....oh well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Xtrema said:
You can always get the tire patched until you can find the tire that your want.

Sure, patched tires doesn't retain the speed rating but heck, it's better than rushing into bad deals. Give yourself something to shop around.

Also didn't someone said that 235/50-17 will work as well?
According to this web site Tire Calc

Your speedometer will be off by 0.2%

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
whatese said:

BTW it costed $190 which I believe is pretty high for a single tire....oh well.

$190 for one of our stock tires??? :eek: Hmm.. looks like for the people that are selling their stock rims and tires, prices have just gone up... :cool:

·
Just a Drummer!!
419 Posts
Tirerack.com would have sold it to you for 115.00 dollars. I would say you got screwed!

Bridgestone
Turanza EL42 VR Speed Rated
Size:215/55-17
Availability:
In Stock

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AZAnimal said:
Tirerack.com would have sold it to you for 115.00 dollars. I would say you got screwed!

Bridgestone
Turanza EL42 VR Speed Rated
Size:215/55-17
Availability:
In Stock
Yes I did but I was not going to ride on a tire with a screw stuck to it so that I could wait for tirerack to send me the tire. The donought was not an option cause I do alot of interstate driving and don't want to have to be going 55 mph for fear of busting the donought aswell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts