The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I don't drive an Altima
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so anyways the other night i was driving and i hit a huge ass frost heave and cracked my tranny pan. has this ever happened to anyone else and if so how much did it cost to get fixed

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
it is like 40 bucks or so along with the [email protected] nissan dealer..it is deffinitely DIY! a little tip that i did when putting the pan back on was to use 2 pieces of tape to tape the gasket to the pan..as i got one side bolted up i removed one of the pieces of tape..other wise the damn gasket moved around and was a little bit of a biatch..be sure to take magnet out of old pan..there wasnt one in the new pan that i got??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same thing happend to me like 2 weeks ago. I woke up and went to drive my car and it acted like it was in neutral. Came to find a small "river" of tranny fluid along the curb. I paid a total of 51.53 for pan and gasket. As mensioned above, dont forget to take out the magnets, I almost forgot mine. Clean them real good before you put them back in, mine were filthy. Definatly a diy job, mine took a total of 2 hours to put in and I was back on the road driving. DONT tighten the pan bolts too tight, they WILL strip out. I stripped one of mine but still holds fine cuz theres like 21 bolts holding it in. Any more q's dont hesitate.

·
-L-
571 Posts
Thats crazy I jsut cracked put a huge dent hoel in my tranny pan last night ran over a rock. its in the shop right now so i dont know whats wrong with it

·
Registered
67 Posts
You should've done it yourself, its really easy. It only takes about 2 hours for the whole job. See if you cant get it back b-4 they start working on it and charge you out the a$$!

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
shit it cost me 177...the crack was soo damn big that when jiffy lube filled the tranny up with oil i got out of the parking lot and all of it was gone..so i had to race over to a near by shop and i was out 177
bitch shift soo much better after that

·
-L-
571 Posts
Well I aint paying for it so I don't really mind but. It is sorta a thing that bugs me i want to do all the stuff in my car myself like the installations and stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts