The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to mt pleasent to visit my girl at Central Michigan University. Right after i got off 131 i ran into an acclaim pulling into a gas station, i was doin about 50 shes was doing about 5. I looked down at something and looked back about a second later and there she was, so i swerved and hit the brakes. But it was snowing. I shoulda missed her but nabbed her back right side by about 6 inches :(. I ripped off about my whole left fender, broke the head light, clipped the hood, and bent the support behind them. And to top it all off, she wont start. It will crank but wont fire. Me and my dad checked all of the fuses and a few were blown and replaced them all but still wont start. Is there a roll over switch that i may have popped? This really sucks! Two tickets now one for speeding and this one for following 2 close (b.s.). I hope I can Afford the insurance. Ill get pics on here as soon as i get the car home. :angry4: :angry4:

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I was just reading the other thread you started - about how you were checking out the top speed in your Altima - on snow tires - at night. Probably not a good idea. That "following too close" ticket may or may not be BS, but ANYTIME you hit someone in the rear you are at fault and will automatically be charged. I know you weren't denying that... you said you had "looked down at something" (inattention?). Anyway, be careful man. Good luck getting it back in the game.

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
i almost did that today, i was checking to see if i could change lanes, and when i looked ahead again i was 2 feet away from an accord, so i swerved and ended up in the lane i wanted to be in

·
The boogeymen cometh
210 Posts
u think your followinf 2 close ticket is BS? My friend on his way to school yesterday, was driving on the left lane and this lady in the right lane was kinda 1/4 in the left lane so he slipped her mirror, since his are breakaway they bent and diodnt scratch hers or hers his. Long story short, cops come, and now he has to pay because supposedly he scratched up her bumper and fender.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
altimate_racer said:
her turning into the wrong driveway at the wrong time
sorry ... cant sue for "stupidity"

o ... u better hope u dont get sued ... its just too easy for her now ... she can claim she now has a "bad sex life" and might get something ...

·
Screamin' Seamin'
561 Posts
Metal Head, I would tell your friend to fight that ticket. If a person is more than half way into a lane then they are considered in that lane. However, if they are only 1/4 like you stated in your friends incident, then the ol' bag was at fault. If 1/4 mad you liable for an accident then I would drive in someone elses lane all the time so that I could get free paint jobs. The ticket your friend got is totally obsured and from a speaking from a state police officer stand point, I would love to meet the cop who gave your friend this ticket and slap him/her around a few times and tell them to read there material on traffic regulations. Let me know what your friend decides to do and what state this occured in, I could dig up some information for your friend to use in court if he decides to fight the ticket.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
altimate_racer said:
Two tickets now one for speeding and this one for following 2 close (b.s.).
that's not BS... that's stupidity on your part. What if in that instance you looked down a kid walked across the road?

you are driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed... pay attention to the road, not the fry that fell between the seats

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
look, i wasnt saying the ticket was bs, just the situation. the cop didnt know the situation, the road was slick as hell, and how many of you can honestly tell me you havent ever taken your eyes off the road momently. There are too many what ifs that could happen in a spilt second at 50mph. besides from the pictures you can tell i almost avoided the whole thing. ill try to have them on tonight.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
no blinker? no brake lights before you looked down?

Aliens transported her right in front of you?

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow victor, your a prick. you werent there and dont know the situation. And actually I never saw a light work on the back of her car, but i may not have looked at it while it was working. Im not denying resposibility to this accident. All i was looking for was suggestions to fix my car, not a smartass who thinks he knows what went on.
heres the site with the aftermath pics.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jobe_158/lst?.dir=/my+altima&.view=t

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
altimate_racer said:
wow victor, your a prick. you werent there and dont know the situation. And actually I never saw a light work on the back of her car, but i may not have looked at it while it was working. Im not denying resposibility to this accident. All i was looking for was suggestions to fix my car, not a smartass who thinks he knows what went on.
heres the site with the aftermath pics.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jobe_158/lst?.dir=/my+altima&.view=t
yes I'm a prick... if you don't like me that's your problem. I make no apologies...

I've taken classes at the Phil Blunts School of Welcoming Newbies.

·
_________
312 Posts
^^actually no, it's not all that bad. Look at that
and so getting fixed.

It's hard to estimate the damage from those pics, but it looks like you can use a frame machine on that one. From pix I'd say around $700, a lot less if you do it yourself.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking of running the ere buni style 905 as a replacement for my front bumper but i cant tell if its a full replacement or just an add on to the stock bumper. Is there anybody that can tell me if this air damn is a full replacemnt or just an add on?

·
Registered
346 Posts
altimate_racer said:
look, i wasnt saying the ticket was bs, just the situation. the cop didnt know the situation, the road was slick as hell, and how many of you can honestly tell me you havent ever taken your eyes off the road momently. There are too many what ifs that could happen in a spilt second at 50mph. besides from the pictures you can tell i almost avoided the whole thing. ill try to have them on tonight.
lol.....i take my eyes off the road sometimes too...especially when im tryin to go to school....i hit two cars at two seperate times in the same exact spot....lol..........while gettin off the exit on the highway there is a yield sign...so i always look to the left side to check if any cars are approaching instead of the front......cuz if i have enuff time to make it be 4 the approaching cars....i think the car in front of me would be smart and do the same........so i look to the side....and as i accelerate....bam......lol(twice)....but i got really lucky both times....i did it once w/my pontiac...once w/my maxima... when i did it w/my pontiac i hit an audi..the driver was a rich lawyer that had an office in ny...and i told him i was late for school and bleh bleh....so he didnt call the cops or anything and let me go....(even tho i kinda scratched the $hit outta his bumper).....and the second time i did it w/the maxima.....i hit a first gen altima actually...lol...but nothin happened to either car...so she didnt call the police either...just hope i dont do it w/my altima....yoo..i must have confused a lot of people by this story..but u dont have to read it..:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts