The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAI is better after what i heard what my friend did to his pontiac firebird water got into filter engine gone... also my friend did that to a galant same shit happened

Dont install a cai if you live where you have puddles or rains alot destroys your engine my advice i wasted 200 bucks for a hotshot CAI every1 said get a cai but i dont want to destroy engine so i coulda got a pop charger +))) woot woot

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
its all opinion, just like you say that i can tell you 10 people i know with a CAI that live in rainy ass places, including myself.

Major part is driving smarts. Dont intentionaly go thru puddles and if something looks too deep dont go in it.
Basically dont be a dumbass and your ok.

All tihs rain we have been having and im fine. A splash or two on the filter wont hurt it needs to be submerged to **** things up.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yeah, yeah, that's me that might be interested....BTW, can't the HS be converted to WAI like the Place Racing CAI?? Even then, couldn't the midpipe be used to replace the stock section?
If so, I would use the HS midpipe to eliminate some of the turbulence from the ribbed stock intake section and sell the rest to me maybe:p ....
Seriously, if you are interested in getting rid of the lower half or something, PM me...

Jeremy

·
Registered
163 Posts
i you want cold air and dont want to risk it in the rain i hear you can use the drier 3" hose and connect it to the filter and put it to the bottom of the car with the openning facing against the air. that way you can take it off when it rains.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't AEM make bypass valves that you can pick up for like $40 from SWA? They are supposed to prevent water from being sucked into the engine and they make them for like three different size pipings too.

Do these work with all CAI or just AEM?

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
^they fit any intake with 3" piping, but you have to cut the intake piping. i wouldnt dare take a hacksaw to a piece of 200 pipe for a bypass valve thats gonna make you lose power anyway. just dont be a dumbass in the rain like omegax said, and you'll be fine with a CAI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts