The Nissan Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I first got my Altima about three months ago, it felt so good being one of the few in town. I felt special when I saw the tons of Camry, Accords, Taurus and even 2nd gen Altimas. Now it's starting to change....Today, in a span of 5min I saw 6 '02 Altys -3Silvers and 1 each of Black, Seascape and Pewter. I knew this day would come, but didn't expect it to be so soon... :mad:
Well, if my car is going to be 'just another one of them', it's good knowing that it's just another Altima, the best-looking non-luxury sedan around......

·
Registered
79 Posts
guess I'm still lucky ... I still have ppl coming up to me and asking me about my car ... a lady with a 99 accord wanted to know what it was, and a guy with a 97 altima asked .... "is THAT an Altima???" I've not seen more than 5 different ones on the road here ... I'm STILL special :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey redbird, what part of Louisville are you living? Me and my Wife are both from there originaly and our Families still live there. We visit them ever so often when we can stand to leave the weather here for there hehehe

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Still Stylin

Only 3.5 in my town!!!!!!!!!! One other 2.5............ Life is still grand!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Triflow said:
I always have a hammer ready so when I see a parked Altima I just bang it. JK.:angel1:
You just aint right ...... :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chupacabras said:
Hey redbird, what part of Louisville are you living? Me and my Wife are both from there originaly and our Families still live there. We visit them ever so often when we can stand to leave the weather here for there hehehe
east end of town near the oldham county line .... between Anchorage and Pewee Valley

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know how you feel,I got my 02 Alty back in early October when nobody had them. Now I at least see about 8 others a day and they are all driven by women, very few guys.(what's up with that?) Am I driving a chick car? :confused: However I do get a smile on my face when I pull up to a BMW 325 and the driver can't stop staring!:D

·
My little champion...
2,388 Posts
Originally intended for JRC (He has Silver too)

I knew that the 2002 Altima was going to be an EXTREMELY popular car - but listen to this - I'm driving on 95/495/270 ( approx 25 minutes on the highway) - interconnected highways here in MD - heading towards the Shady Grove area. On the highway - I saw a total of 5 Altimas - two 3.5SE, three 2.5S models. But can you believe one thing - THEY WERE ALL SILVER. I didn't even see Ruby, White, Opal Blue, or Black. Damn - maybe I should have gotten the Ruby - I have only seen that color ONCE... I'm still in shock - its like an infestation - but then again I saw two BMW 330 series models driving beside one another and they were both Silver.

I've realized that at one point in time - the Champagne color was the color to get - now it is Silver for newer cars - car manufacturers will soon find some new flashy color that everyone wants.

ALTIMAS WILL BECOME POPULAR LIKE ACCORDS (a dime a dozen) - then there won't be anymore GOOD choices for me to stand out... Damn Nissan! Hmmm 350Z is looking REALLY good right now. Time for me to get different rims & a tint - WISH I COULD GET A PAINT JOB - same blue color as the new Z will be available in.

PS JRC - CLEAR YOUR PM BOX!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the Twin Cities we're starting to see more and more Altimas.

At least you're not driving a Explorer or Dodge mini van. In the parking lot where I work you see at least 20 Explorers and 30+ Caravans. Even the Volo XC has a stronger presence with between 5 - 7 on any given day.

only 2 other Altimas and both have the 2.5

I still only see 1 Audi S4...

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a bunch of Altimas in the Atlanta area- I saw a sea scape 3.5 on dubs yesterday, all i could say was whoa. Anyway most of the altimas around here are owned by older folks w/ 2.5's (no spoiler, no sunroof etc.) so they look more "sedanish" than sporty like mine- so I still feel special.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.