The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have an obx, but now i want an intake that replaces all the stock ribbed plastic piping. i want to short with a short ram, if it does replace all the piping. from what i hear hotshot is the best or is jwt?

also if you could post a site when i can get either one, or whatever intake you say...

pix would help as well...

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
I was thinking of cutting out the ribbed section and just clamping in a piece of tubing.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was kinda thinking the same, iv herd of using piping from a civic.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
If you go to Home Depot and go to the electrical section, they sell aluminum tubing that's used inside of walls to hold electrical wiring. They come on sizes as big as 4" diameter.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Yeah, they sell the pipe bender for it, but it's going to be crush bend.

What r u planning on doing? I was simply thinking of just cutting out the ribbed section and keeping the rest of the rubber tubing. And only just simply clamping in a piece of tubing where the ribbed section was.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
They make an injen short ram and weapon R? for the 98-01, you just need your original MAF adaptor or something like that, but the injen is over $200 I think. If you search you'll see what I'm talking about, I don't remember too much now, though I hate the stock clutter myself.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
This is Jerry. I just did this on the Alty this weekend. I used a Weapon R short ram piping to replace the stock black hosing between the TB and MAF. I have the Stillen WAI and the Weapon R pipe was too long because I have the Jacob's ICE pack installed over by the filter. I had to cut about an 1" or 1.5" off of it but it looks good.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
u can go homedepot and get the tubing but u won't have connection for pcv and few other vents that needs to be connected. bite the bullet and get the place racing.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Jerry, didn't you already have the whole WeaponR system, do remember off hand how much it was? If I keep the Alty for myself, I'm debating on that one or just a cheap OBX pipe or whoever sells that junk on ebay for $60-100. Also didn't you have to use your stock MAF adaptor or what?

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
um those hose nipples are not the right size.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
actually we had stock piping with the Stillen, never had the Weapon R. We bought just the intake pipe and the silicon hoses from Dom so the only thing Weapon R being utilized is the short ram pipe itself.

niceguy said:
Jerry, didn't you already have the whole WeaponR system, do remember off hand how much it was? If I keep the Alty for myself, I'm debating on that one or just a cheap OBX pipe or whoever sells that junk on ebay for $60-100. Also didn't you have to use your stock MAF adaptor or what?

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
if u want a full replacement...go w/ the Injen kit...instead of using the adaptor that comes w/ it...finish it off w/ ur OBX adaptor and filter...

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
go to a exhaust shop they will make it for ya. just tell them what you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts