The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this works. I was browsing the internet when I came across this pic. It's postly a pic of a 3.5SE, but right behind the SE is a 2.5S in Polished Pewter with side sills. It's larger than the pic Nissan has, but it's not a full side view. I hope this helps everyone who has been looking for them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason, everytime I try to post the pic, my internet provider goes off. Can you give me your e-mail address so that I can send it to you, so you can post it?

·
I drive a 02 L31VQ35DEKY1
16 Posts
U can also check out www.nissan.ca look under Altima goto accessories.There is a pic of the side sills

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw the side sills in person on a white SL at the dealer but it didn't look right. The white didn't match and the sill didn't look integrated with the side of the car. The sill on Max and I30, I35 look better. IMO ALt looks better without.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Go to Carmax.com

Choose new cars and go to Greenville, SC. There is an Altima SE in Sheer Silver with the side sills.

The stock number is 1311289

It's the next to the last car on the list. It's a Sheer Silver SE, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
heheee

just wait a few more days... mine with side sills is coming =) !

~Kevin

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,759 Posts
sills

These side sills u speak of..........are they dealer installed or oem. I never knew they were an option. At least none of the price research I did uncovered them. How much are they?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are the prices from Edmunds.com

Side sills with rear splash guards:
MSRP: $289.00
Invoice: $220.00

They are also on the Nissandriven.com website. I live about 45 miles away from this dealership, and I am going to look at them today. I wish I had a digital camera, but I don't. Maybe next week, when I buy my first digital camera, I can take some pics of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sidesills...ordered but not recieved

I ordered my Satin White Alt to come with side sills. After I heard about yellowish looking paint probs, I regretted that I ordered them on my first new car in 12 years. When the car arrived, guess what.... no sidesills, no explanation, wasn't charged for them either...I was relieved!
Perhaps there is a prob with pearlish paint on plastic parts. Mine has nud guards that are plastic, so Ill wath them and see if they turn color. Small and tucked under the car, i doubt it it will make much difference. Teh rest of the car is fantastic!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
sidesills...ordered but not recieved

I ordered my Satin White Alt to come with side sills. After I heard about yellowish looking paint probs, I regretted that I ordered them on my first new car in 12 years. When the car arrived, guess what.... no sidesills, no explanation, wasn't charged for them either...I was relieved!
Perhaps there is a prob with pearlish paint on plastic parts. Maybe this is hwo Nissan is dealing with it if its really a prob. Mine has mud guards that are plastic, so I'll watch them and see if they turn color. Small and tucked under the car, I doubt it it will make much difference. The rest of the car is fantastic!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw the sills today

I went to two different dealerships. Benson Nissan in Easley and Carmax of Greenville

I went to Benson's first. They had a 2.5SL on the lot with the sills. It was Noveau Ruby. I thought they looked okay on the 2.5Sl, but not exactly "right." The sills are made with an integrated front splash guard. So the car looks like it has 4 splash guards when it really only has two rear ones.

The other one was at Carmax in Greenville. I actually liked they way they looked on the SE. The Silver and the sills work well together, much better than the Ruby color. Also, I think the sills looked better on the SE because it had the spoiler. I think that if I get the SE with the spoiler, I am going to get the sills, but if I don't get the spoiler, I am not getting the sills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts