The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I brought my car in for some warranty work. The car has 17, 600 miles on it and was one of the first 5000 built.

I had a long list of stuff to check out.

1. I have the popular clutch howl and showed them the TSB

2. My clutch pedal offers no resistance in the mornings and after work. I am pretty certain it's air in the lines.

3. Audio static in radio from alternator on weak FM stations. Showed them TSB

4. Gurgle in heater core. Brought in TSB

5. groan in front right when coming to stop from very slow speed

6. clunk in steering when moving steering wheel back and forth.

Well, the genius couldn't "duplicate" any of my problems except the clunk in steering. He said to come get a rental because it is going to take them 3 days to replace my Rack and Pinion.

I have my flimsey clutch pedal on video. I can push it in with my weakling left pinky. The service advisor says he doesn't want to see the video. I'm gonna force him to watch it when I pick up the rental!

Some how I am worried about this whole thing!

·
Future Z Driver
800 Posts
Hey there 2002Altima, long time no see! I have had both the clutch howl and the audio static problems on my '02, and my dealer fixed them for me. Am much happier with the car now that I had the fixes done. If you can't get your dealer to do them, it might be worthwhile to try a different dealer in your area.

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
I STRONGLY suggest you take it into another dealer.

2002Altima said:
Today I brought my car in for some warranty work. The car has 17, 600 miles on it and was one of the first 5000 built.

I had a long list of stuff to check out.

1. I have the popular clutch howl and showed them the TSB

2. My clutch pedal offers no resistance in the mornings and after work. I am pretty certain it's air in the lines.

3. Audio static in radio from alternator on weak FM stations. Showed them TSB

4. Gurgle in heater core. Brought in TSB

5. groan in front right when coming to stop from very slow speed

6. clunk in steering when moving steering wheel back and forth.

Well, the genius couldn't "duplicate" any of my problems except the clunk in steering. He said to come get a rental because it is going to take them 3 days to replace my Rack and Pinion.

I have my flimsey clutch pedal on video. I can push it in with my weakling left pinky. The service advisor says he doesn't want to see the video. I'm gonna force him to watch it when I pick up the rental!

Some how I am worried about this whole thing!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
2002Altima,

So Bankston letting you down?
Well, that doesn't surprise me!
We're about the same mileage and I'm not experiencing
any of those problems (knocks on wood!)
Try driving out to Courtesy if Bankston balks!
You read my mind about the TSB in hand bit!
Would've love to see the look on the SM's face
when you had those babies waving in his face!

So what's up with the Rack and Pinion?
Did you get details?

As far as TSB's...check out Slurppie's awesome
sticky over at ************.com

Oh, btw...Albert said he had fun at the game...esp.
the cheerleading competition!:eek:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Afty! Thanks for the welcoming words. I have been under the radar for a while due to some other car projects. (1937 Plymouth and 1931 Ford)

I am still glad that Altimas.net is around for us to share in the enthusiasm of the Altima!

Aquineas and Afty... I think after having the new steering put in, I am going to take it to Courtesy Nissan (which is about 45 minutes from me here in Dallas) because they are so highly recomended.

Anyone else out there had any front end work done under warranty?

edit in post:

Hey Se-Rious! Looks like the other board is a bad word around here! hahahaha! put some spaces in that word why don't you!
Yeah. Albert did say he had a good time!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The howl in my car is sort of just that. Sort of like a hurt dog howl that transitions into the low growl that the car is supposed to have when accellerating in second gear.

say you are headed up a hill pretty slowly and you shift into second. You will hear a sort of high pitched Aowwww.. into a low mmmmMMMMMMMMMM

AAAooowwwmmmmmMMMMMMMM

hard to type out sounds

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
There IS a TSB on the clutch pedal problem.
I just had the whole pedal assembly replaced on Sat.
I had the same problem as you and mine would stay halfway down at times. It's MUCH better now :D

I also had the radio static and they replaced the spark coils for that one.

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
2002Altima said:
Do you have a copy of that weak clutch pedal TSB?
I don't have a copy but this is the #:

02-025 MAR 02 Clutch - Pedal Sticking/Hard Shifting

·
Future Z Driver
800 Posts
SE-Rious said:
Afty has it...ask him, if not, he posted it in one of these threads...you know how to find... :)
The howling clutch one is available on this site (www.altimas.net/tsb), but not the weak clutch pedal one. Don't know where to find the weak clutch pedal one. Sorry guys. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts