The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Ry and pl8948, I got a free car wash from my dealer. They had never seen that list of 13 tweaks for the Altima, so I gave them a copy. They were saying other customers will be happy about the list.

I originally went in to have them turn off my "service engine soon" light. So I figure, mind as well have them tweak some settings for me. The sad thing was it took them 5 tries before they finally turned off my auto door locks. *sigh* :smack:

Oh well.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
My dealer washes every car that comes in to service

EXCEPT MINE!!!!!!!!!! I give them very specific instructions not to touch it and only to do what I brought it in for

·
Winter hater!
549 Posts
wild willy said:
My dealer washes every car that comes in to service

EXCEPT MINE!!!!!!!!!! I give them very specific instructions not to touch it and only to do what I brought it in for
Same here!!!

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
I would have to agree with WW here. I am not about to let them touch my car. At best you have some minimum wage worker that could care less that the rag was dropped on the floor and is full of dirt.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( awwwwhhhhhh....that pops my bubble. And I thought I got a good thing. Well I guess I just won't use the car wash voucher.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
mwessinger said:
I would have to agree with WW here. I am not about to let them touch my car. At best you have some minimum wage worker that could care less that the rag was dropped on the floor and is full of dirt.
Yes agree 100%.
If you think we're lying,
spend some time in the
Service/Make-Ready area
and witness how the cars
are treated.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
warhoggie said:
:( awwwwhhhhhh....that pops my bubble. And I thought I got a good thing. Well I guess I just won't use the car wash voucher.
Sorry about that. But, this is kind of like saying you got a free oil change at Wal-Mart. Maybe it's just me, but a place that sells fishing tackle, underwear, bathroom cleaner, and tampons is not really someplace I trust to change my oil.

To be fair, some dealerships may have good crews, but from what I have seen, I just would not trust them on the car wash deal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i got free oil changes for life, at first i thought sweet......but now im not so sure if this is a good bonus or not.

i would feel better overlooking the whole process like the place where i go curruntly to get my oil changed and car washed but i think they are gonna pull some "becuase of insurance reasons u cant go beyond this door crap" to oversee this matter.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
rodman--If they don't let you see what is going on with YOUR car while it is there, then walk away. Most people here are a little more particular about their cars than the general population. I know I am. That is why I do ALL washing and cleaning myself. When I can't do the oil myself, I take the cars to a local shop and hang out the with guys while the oil is changed.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
The service guys at my dealer know me and I know them so I trust them. Good job warhoggie!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I agree with Wild Willy on that! Only person (besides myself) that I'd let wash my car is a hot chick or 5 with white skimpy thongs on and white t-shirts drenched...you get the picture....

..Oh and I gotta be able to watch too.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
warhoggie said:
I got a free car wash from my dealer
To be more accurate, what you got was probably more like a $20,000 car wash (of course that depends somewhat on what you negotiated in your deal) :D

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deezy24 said:
I agree with Wild Willy on that! Only person (besides myself) that I'd let wash my car is a hot chick or 5 with white skimpy thongs on and white t-shirts drenched...you get the picture....

..Oh and I gotta be able to watch too.:)

yummmmm......:brow:

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
hey do you guys let the service ppl role your car into the service, or do you request to pull it in and role it out yourself?? i ask to pull the car in myself, i dont trust those guys (especially when i go to a place thats not my dealership).....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the free oil changes on my car too, but i had to take the car in to have ding in the door fixed that was already there when I bought the car. When i went back to get it that night it was raining so I didn't check the car to well. I washed it the next and discovered the entire car had clear-coat overspray all over it, I took it back and made them get it off and I have not been back since. PISSSED ME OFF!!!

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
SE-Rious said:
Yes agree 100%.
If you think we're lying,
spend some time in the
Service/Make-Ready area
and witness how the cars
are treated.
Thats true, I think when I go to get my Alti serviced, they have too much fun with it. One guy who worked there told me its because its a rarety they get to see a 5 speed 3.5 and they just wanna know how it performs. Almost all others are auto's. But still that doesnt justify why I hear tires screeching hard when they bring my car around to the front :embarasse. Next time I'll walk around back to the lot and drive my own car around to the front. . . .

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Not true bro. As a teenager I worked in a Lincoln dealership doing this. I loved washing cars then, and wanted a car for myself. One time I took my 99 Cobra to a church car wash (It was a harmless handwash). The teenage youngters had a fit :). Kids love cars too.

mwessinger said:
At best you have some minimum wage worker that could care less that the rag was dropped on the floor and is full of dirt.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
I had a buddy who worked for toyota..he was the service mgr. Bought a brand new 30K truck. While at work he had it sent to the car washers at the dealer.......He came back out to his new truck (Black) and saw that they had scratched the entire truck because of debrit in the wash cloth.

He went into to talk to the owner...to make a long story short..he got fired..bad temper....

This is the same guy who was being tailgated on his bike by a pick up truck ..got pissed...took off up the road ....parked his bike....stood in the middle of the road with his 9mm and opened fire on the truck as soon as it came into view.

I am guessing he did not have his 9 at work

·
hello
3,517 Posts
wild willy said:
I had a buddy who worked for toyota..he was the service mgr. Bought a brand new 30K truck. While at work he had it sent to the car washers at the dealer.......He came back out to his new truck (Black) and saw that they had scratched the entire truck because of debrit in the wash cloth.

He went into to talk to the owner...to make a long story short..he got fired..bad temper....

This is the same guy who was being tailgated on his bike by a pick up truck ..got pissed...took off up the road ....parked his bike....stood in the middle of the road with his 9mm and opened fire on the truck as soon as it came into view.

I am guessing he did not have his 9 at work
????:confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts