The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i raced this kid for $20 bucks...
i have an auto thats pretty modded and thought i could handle or at least come close to beating his manual RSX...well we lined up the light turned green and we both floored it...he got ridiculous tire spin..but i blew away off the line..i was about a half a car length in front and then all of a sudden he started pulling closer then next to me and right past me..he won by almost a full car length..pretty embarrassing..what do i need to beat him??i already have OBX muffler
2'25" custom piping
catless
WAI
Tokicos
H&R springs
Strut Bar
Hotshot header 4-2-1
Protorque convertor
17x7 Exel SHU rims
VB upgrade
bulletproof tranny
rear anti-sway bar
UR underdrive pulley
is it gonna take n2o? if i drop in the port and polished head with jwt cams in it that i got chilling in my garage..will that do it..it was very upsetting..i didnt think he would blow me away

·
Registered
315 Posts
with all your mods the race should not have went like that .. unless he was driving a RSX type S ... im calling bad kill ..

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
get nitrous

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Lighter wheels, weight reduction...

And nitrous. :D

Good death.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
dump the crappy OBX tin can... when are you all gonna learn, you get what you pay for. you pay 90 bucks for a canister, that's exactly what you're gonna get.

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
cthunder said:
dump the crappy OBX tin can... when are you all gonna learn, you get what you pay for. you pay 90 bucks for a canister, that's exactly what you're gonna get.

agree.......buy quality add on's.

better luck next time!!

94_se

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
damn....... those type S are that fast, even stock?

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Yup, Type-S is beautifully fulfilling.

(This girl owns both, the 2.5 SL Touring and a RSX Type-S)..

The Nissan has the mods, believe it or not.. I get more of a kick modding it because there are so few modded in town. I'm the *ONLY* one with the SS grille. Emblems removed on both cars..

But my Type S is my drive for fun and sun car. And Yes, the torque at about 3000rpm finally rocks you.. (now about that low end torque.. sigh).

So I'm a fan of both...and can't decide between the two. :) But I *DO* work at a Nissan dealer as a warranty admin....

Jessie.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well would a greddy exhaust or apexi really make a difference from custom piping and a can??i heard that your just paying for the name

·
caviar cartel
3,219 Posts
What the hell are you guys smoking? Are you really that ignorant that you believe that a 1st gen altima can hang with an rsx type s which is pushing 200 hp and 142 ft pounds of torque? Your automatic would not even be able to hang with a stock manual rsx, i have learned that the hard way. Without forced induction no 1st/2nd gen altima can hang with a type s, even with every high quality bolt-on.

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
what;s the 1/4 mile for the stock RSX-type s? mid 14's?

·
Registered
626 Posts
why just build up the KA and you could walk all over him/her in the stock rsx...but if you do this you have to have all necessary bolt ons too

1 - 20 of 62 Posts