The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you remember I had a wreck back around june/july, well I went to he Nissan dealship here to have my right foglight fixed because it wasn't working. Anyways the head mechanic comes over and asks me if I've ever been in a wreck, I said yes, he said has your car ever been on fire, I siad yes, so he says you ahve an oil and transmission leak, he think the top oil gasket/seal got to hot in the fire and needs to be replaced because I'm leaking oil, and he think one of the metal tubes for transmission fluid is bent and leaking fluid but he's not sure exactly where it's coming from. So I have to call my insurance company report the new findings and have a claims adjuster come take a look to see if it did happen in that wreck, both the service manager and head mechanic said you can tell thats when it happend due to who the oil pan looks burnt. So nowm I am without my car again and hopefully not long, last time it was gone 3 months and the price tag that insurance picked up was $7,500. I just hope I get it back and in good shape, when will all these bad things end :(

Yotaru(Kris Layher)
Sorry for the long post/rant

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Why did you decide to keep the car anyway.For $7500 worth of damages I would have made sure my insurance totaled it out. The slightest bit of flames would have turned me off from my car, I wouldnt have wanted it after something like that no matter how much I loved the car if loved played a factor.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No love wasn't a factor but my dad was, if it would have been totaled we would ahve gotten back like 17k maybe 18k, thats like a 5k dollar lose that we would still ahve to pay off and we wouldn't of had the money to do that and then I probbaly wouldn't have had a new car or a car at all.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And for it to be totaled the damage has to be 2/3 the price of the car and I didn't do 14.5k in damage.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those that don't remember the post, I was on my way home from a concert and 3 dogs ran out in front of me I was doing 75 (speed limit) and I hit two of them, pulled off to the medium and it was on top of a lot of cut grass that was dry, either the neon gas from my lights sparked somehow when they broke and set fire or my radiator losing all of its water got to hot and set it on fire.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For $7500 worth of damages I would have made sure my insurance totaled it out.
I would be very interest on just how you would "make" them total it out. There is a good $10K difference from damage repair cost and replacement cost. That's not even close, your insurance company would laugh at you. You could double the damage costs and they would still fix it. It is all dollars and cents to insurance companies. They don't care if you want it when it done or not, if it is cheaper to fix, it won't be totaled.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Well, 3 years ago, I owned a 97 Accord and I was hit from the side and hit a wall. It would have been driveable if it wasnt for the broke axle in the front. My insurance totaled it out and paid me exactly $14,697.31 for it. IMO I dont even think the damage exceeded over $3500, in fact I got a quote from a family friend/bodyshop owner and he told me $2000 which I thought was fair, but I just didnt want the car anymore knowing it was totaled out before. They however totaled it out anyways which I was glad about. I wouldnt have wanted it even if they did say it was still fixable especially when it would have a salvaged title, somehow I would have forced them to total it out lol. I guess it depends on what insurance co you have and what type of adjuster you have. The adjuster was like, it can be fixed but whats the use ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts