The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bone
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just double checking...

2nd gen., the GXE symbol will come right off...no holes right?

ALTIMA on the silver strip...same thing?

Nissan emblem.....???

I'll be doing this tonight.

What are your opions on removeing the following?
Remove dealer badge (of course)
Remove GXE (definetly)
Remove A L T I M A from strip? (not sure if i should)
Remove rear Nissan Emblem? (not sure yet)

·
8,809 Posts
I did it, but it left like some cloudy shit around where the badges all were. Mine was a 2k1 GXE and I removed all but the ALTIMA badges, but like I said, there was some cloudy shit left over.

·
Bone
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darvocet said:
I did it, but it left like some cloudy shit around where the badges all were. Mine was a 2k1 GXE and I removed all but the ALTIMA badges, but like I said, there was some cloudy shit left over.
Hey hombre,

So you took off the trim badge.,dealer garbage., and nissan emblem?? Cloudy shit?? what did you use to remove it? Heat gun? Blow dryer? Propane torch that ya use to light your 6 footer? What did you do after you removed all the adhesive? Did you detail the exterior afterwards?

Toss me a pic of the work you did....

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have a 98. Shaved it all but the Nissan emblem. If the light hits it right you can tell the paint is a little brighter, maybe because it probably was never garage kept.

Just shave it!!!

·
Bone
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLACE...

I know that solace took off all this from his 2nd gen...the pics from the gallery don't want to work for me...

·
8,809 Posts
I'll take some pics when I get home to show you the cloudiness. I'm gonna wax it tomorrow or thursday to attempt to get rid of it.

·
Bone
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darvocet said:
I'll take some pics when I get home to show you the cloudiness. I'm gonna wax it tomorrow or thursday to attempt to get rid of it.
Right On!

·
Bone
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SLICNIC said:
TRY USING BUG & TEAR REMOVER THATS WHAT I USED ON MY MAXIMA. ALONG WITH A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE.
What type of cloth did you use? I've tried using that too take off tree sap. The cloth i was using wasn't too soft., so it did a good job making lil scatches...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts