The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i have a 2005 Altima with 205k miles on it.
its a 2.5 4 cylinder.
I just bought this car and it runs fine but theres a small hole in the cylinder head.
i noticed this when i was replacing spark plugs and my valve cover wasnt sealing a cylinder tube good and it was leaking into one of my cylinders.(cause small amounts of white smoke)
Im not sure if there is supposed to have a small hole in the left side.
looks like this

this car has been in a front end accident could this have cause there to be a hole in the cylinder head?
i dont know if its been over heatedbefore.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That doesn't look right. I replaced my valve cover gaskets around 125k miles or so when it started leaking. I took this picture, mainly to show how clean a 120k mile engine can be with regular oil changes. I bought the car brand new in 2005 and I ran synthetic oil in it ever since the 2nd oil change at 7,000 miles. At 3,500 miles the dealer changed the oil for free, and at 7,000 I changed it myself with Mobil1 synthetic, and I ran that every oil change up until around 50-60k miles which is when I started using Amsoil. I used Amsoil until the car was wrecked in Dec 2013 with 138,000 miles on it.
It isn't quite as close up as the pics you have, but it doesn't look like there is a hole right there if you zoom in on my picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts