The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no this is a dumb question but I need a few answers in case someone has to fix a problem they created, they took up on themselves to have my 2010 Nissan Altima Hauled away on a rollback 4 no reason other than being mad at me the car was pulled from the rear doors locked steering wheel locked CVT Transmission locked in park they drug it tore up the grass down into the dirt I no this wasn't even the way u do any vehicle so what kind of damage was done bc if any they r going to pay to fix it or they just bought it, what do u all think they could have damaged 馃

Registered
I know this is a dumb question, but I need a few answers in case someone has to fix a problem they created. A person who shall remain nameless took up on themselves to have my 2010 Nissan Altima hauled away on a rollback for no reason other than being mad at me.

The car was pulled from the rear onto the rollback. All doors were locked, steering wheel was locked, CVT Transmission locked in park. They dragged the car, tearing up the grass down into the dirt. I know this wasn't even the way you do any vehicle so what kind of damage was done? If any they are going to pay to fix it or they just bought it, what do you all think they could have damaged 馃
There, I fixed it for you.

Registered
Yes especially a CVT transmission there's Belton bands are very sensitive very expensive fix I would definitely get them to replacement even if there is no damage that you can notice

Registered
I have to disagree. The transmission was locked in "park", the Belton bands were stationary the whole time, i.e., they were not rotating on the furtubial dorsal epicyclic planetary rollers, so they could not have been damaged.

Also, one must take into concideration the Coefficient of Friction of the grass and dirt. Was the grass damp? Had the grass been recently mowed? Was the terra firma under the grass hard packed? We know the rollback bed was made out of aluminium, which has a low CoF.

One must wonder why in 5 days since @Wild Child posted about her beloved car....does she have it back and how is it's mechanical condition after this adventure?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There, I fixed it for you.
I did read it but I have been driving it since I made them bring it back and it seems fine so far,Thank U I have all Owners Manuals 2 the car but just wondered if anyone else has ever had theirs done that way and what the out come was ,I didn't want 2 move the car bc if they messed it up I was going straight 2 the guy and tell him u going 2 fix it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to disagree. The transmission was locked in "park", the Belton bands were stationary the whole time, i.e., they were not rotating on the furtubial dorsal epicyclic planetary rollers, so they could not have been damaged.

Also, one must take into concideration the Coefficient of Friction of the grass and dirt. Was the grass damp? Had the grass been recently mowed? Was the terra firma under the grass hard packed? We know the rollback bed was made out of aluminium, which has a low CoF.

One must wonder why in 5 days since @Wild Child posted about her beloved car....does she have it back and how is it's mechanical condition after this adventure?
Thank U, O yeah I have my car back i told the ones that had the rollback that my car better b back in 12 hours and it was its doing great Thank God, the ground was hard and no the grass hadn't been mowed ,I no who took it so if something was messed up I was going to make him fix it or I was going to mess his rollback up I was so pissed off 馃槫

1 - 9 of 9 Posts