The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
0wner.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was bumpin my system and going around and tightening screws and what not about 5 minutes ago. so i got to the trunk and it rattled so much, like the rattling overpowered the bass. So i started to look at it, look at the mounting points and listen. so i was looking around when i got to the middle of the spoiler, the main cause is the strip of LEDS rattling around in there, when i hold the red peice [which is silocon sealed by me] the leds stop vibrating and the bass is gone!, now my question is, how in the heck do i stop those little ****ers from rattling?

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
pay me to make you real LEDs tails...

·
0wner.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im fine with the tails im talkin about the spoiler strip!

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
misunderstood....il take it back

·
0wner.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so nobody knows cool

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
dynomat, my friend scammed a store for some, and it worked out real easy. so he got some for free.

·
was up
3,277 Posts
are you sure its just the LEDs? you sure your hand isnt absorbing the rattling?(i only ask cause my car is a rattling machine and ive tried many things and still havent gotten rid of it...i gave up a long time ago)

i would just take it off, silicone all behind it and around the edges and re-install it. then just wipe off the excess

dynomat, my friend scammed a store for some, and it worked out real easy. so he got some for free.
how is dynamat supposed to stop the LED strip from rattling

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
Matt-chu said:
^^ how'd he manage that??
he bought some took out a sheet, took it back and said he didnt want to put it in, went to a diff store and did the same thing. and they never checked.

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
I think the only thing you can do is like double dynomat the trunk, I mean the whhhhooooollllleee trunk.. and that probably wont even stop it.. its just the alty that rattles.. cant change it.

·
0wner.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey neeg i did that already its the actual strip inside of the housing, it sucks

·
0wner.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i already tightened it, its the strip of plasitc that all the LED's are connected to inside of the red housing on the spoiler

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
and you can hear the rattling from the driver's seat? dude just get something that you can put in there, small enough and not harmful to anything that will sort of hold them up just like your fingers, try it out. use something like paper or foam or anything that wont break down over time. or just get a new brake light for your spoiler maybe yours is bad anyway

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
get a trunk kit, dynomat the trunk, and use little leftover strips and do the light, kill two birds with one stone

however, i personally think that dynomat does not work in all cases

·
0wner.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no u cant hear it from the drivers seat, too much bass, but when u step withing 20 feet of the back all u hear is this horrible rattling

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
COTTON!!!! get a huge roll of cotton and jam that shit in there, thats what i did to my trunk lid, just jammed a bunch of it in the little holes, it works wonders, oh yea those fake snow rolls work too

·
Resident drunken chef!
2,524 Posts
I used expanding foam spray inside the trunk lid framing, and dynomat on the flat spots.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts