Nissan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving and everytime i hold in the clutch it was stalling. Then i couldnt get it in gear and it was smokin and shit. I was wondering if anybody knows where i can get a good deal on a clutch or what is a good brand of clutch to buy? Thanks.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
get an aftermarket clutch...like ACT or Clutchmasters. If you drive pretty hard it is definitely worth it. It will last a lot longer.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
wfmrules said:
Master cylinder? What is that. So if i replace my clutch it won't fix the problem?
the only way to really diagnose the problem , is to take it to a mechanic.

But, it really doesn't sound like the clutch. It might be the clutch master cylinder. Like i said, take it to a trusty mechanic and see what he says. That's your best bet. No offense to anyone on the site, but you won't get the right answer over the computer. Someone has to see and experience the problem

·
See ya
2 Posts
1fastaltima said:

the only way to really diagnose the problem , is to take it to a mechanic.

But, it really doesn't sound like the clutch. It might be the clutch master cylinder. Like i said, take it to a trusty mechanic and see what he says. That's your best bet. No offense to anyone on the site, but you won't get the right answer over the computer. Someone has to see and experience the problem
Of course, the master cylinder could just be dry....

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
There is a 'clutch fluid' fill/check thing on the car, but it sounds more like a "out of alingment" problem with the trans and C/Vs. I had the same problem on my altima and i took it to ammco and i think the total bill was $500 with a new clutch installed (oem clutch) and minor trans work. It sounds more like a trans prob if you cant get it into gear than a clutch problem (nissan trans SUCK SUCK SUCK). You like to snap your gears? You like a trans rebuild at 80,000 miles bottom line on an altima. You cant get it into first but second gear isnt too bad? Its that trans no the clutch, if it was the clutch you would be "slipping" when you go WOT in thrid gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
SuprStyl
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing