The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
PHASE 2 las vegas CC
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, I need to know how thick or what kinda of sheet metal i need so they can weld it on the doors? cause i'm going to shave them.... can you guys help??????????

Thanks for Help...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
do it with foam and fiberglass...mine came out perfect and havn't cracked ever...it's been like 6 months...and they've even been hit...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
altiy98 said:
cool, can you help me with that? Thanks Alot
and do you have any pics of it?
hey ray...i can help in answering any questions you might have...

i used a solid foam core (like for a surfboard) and sanded it to match the exact, hollow, shape that is left when you remove the door handle assembly from the outside of the door...i took very thin sheet metal and pop riveted it into place underneath where the foam insert will go...then took resin and stuck the foam into place on top of the sheet metal...this should leave you an almost smooth surface/transition from your car doors to the foam inserts if you sanded them correctly...then just start laying up fiberglass over it...keep it smooth and eliminate bubbles...after each layer you need to let it dry, sand it down, and reapply...after 3-5 layers you should be protruding a bit past the natural door line...this is good...just sand until you can't feel any difference...when you think you have it perfect use bondo to fill any small bubble holes that may have appeared...then paint it...when you paint it ALL the imperfections will show themselves...so you may have to sand some more...and when you are done...no matter what angle you look at it from it should be completely unnoticeable...
:D

then just weld your rear doors closed...install a roll cage...and you too can be part of the 2-door alty club...;) ...lol..

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
talk to LAW, he's done it

ask Ms Nismo or SolacE, they shaved their trunk and sidemoldings also, so they may know about it

·
PHASE 2 las vegas CC
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats, for the help...do you or anybody know how to do the indents on the trunk and sidemolding?

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
my trunk is shaved too...it's 10 times easier than the doors...just remove the lock assembly and fill with fiberglass or if you are super lazy...bondo works fine...=)...also you can remove the rear emblem and fill the holes with bondo...

side mouldings i havn't done yet...

and there are pics of my stuff floating around here somewhere as they were taken at a Nor Cal meet...i'll see if i can find um...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts