The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy 19" rims for my 1993 SE. I have 17"x7.5" right now, but as I am developing the widebody and want the wheels to look adequate, I've decided I'm going 19" this summer.

NOW...the main problem is this:
I don't understand the concept of offsets...the only rims i like have AT LEAST a 2" polished lip on them, none of them come in 4x114.3 (that I've found) and I have no idea if it is possible/feasible to put rims invented for a RWD car on my FWD Altima.

I will extend my fenders as far as I have to in order to accomodate the wheels...but if I'm dropping $2500+ on wheels I INSIST that they are really deep dish, polished lip and that they ride well. I don't know if the issue is that the RWD offset puts the inside of the wheel to "far into the car" meaning it will hit stuff up in there, rub etc...of do they just stick out AWAY from the car too much?

Also, I have found adapters that will change me to a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, but I THINK this also pushes the wheel out from the car by over an inch.

HELP!!!!!! :sad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are correct that a bolt spacing adapter will space out your wheel. That will be no good. I will look into some 19" 4 lug options for you. The problem with your vehicle is that it requires what's considered a high offset as most FWD cars are.

If you email me some links to wheels you like I can make some calls for ya and see what I can find in your difficult boltpattern that won't require any adapters and hopefully have the lippage you're looking for.

Do you want silver or chrome? We are a japanese wheel distributor so it's possible that I can special order a wheel for you and get it here. You will need to wait that's all. Patience is a virtue especially if you spend that much money.

Peace, Rishie

email: [email protected]

We have reps in Toronto, Canada as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can get you this wheel next week in 19" for your boltpattern. We have them in stock and it has a deep lip. They are made in Japan and not very expensive. It is a one piece wheel.

Colors in stock are:

Hyperblack, Silver with Machined lip, and white with a machined lip. This is the ideal offset of +43 in 19,7.5. This is one option I came up with in one minute. It's a great compromise at a great price. If this isn't a good enough of a price then you can always get them in Canada possibly. But I would hope that you would give us a shout cause we can definitely help guide you.

Let me know or NO SH8ME.

Peace, rishie

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh ya, price:

about $275-$300/rim. That's like $1200.00 plus shipping. I will package in a manner that you will not have to pay duties. We can do tires also, but not sure if that will be cost effective for ya.

Peace.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks sage....those rims are similar to what I'm looknig for...I like them a lot! I'm looking for gunmetal or black with polished lip.

Does that hyper black have a silver lip? If so those are perfect.
Do you have any idea what the lip thickness is for my offset? If it's going to stick out to far from the fenders because I have to get a different offset that's totally fine....I'm going for 2-3" lip!

Price is pretty good as well...I'll give you guys a call.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Buddy02 said:
nice try w/ photoshop
that SEEMED to have a sarcastic tone, but I can't imagine why
:confused:

Dude, the car in my sig is a photoshop of the proposed prototype for MY BODY KIT COMPANY so that people could see what the kit was gonna look like before it came out. Since I own a body kit company and an Altima obviously my car is covered in 4" of fiberglass dust since i test products on my own car for fitment etc all winter, then make it pretty and install my most recent kit for spring. So right now it looks like it's been thru hell, so the pic is not of my car.

Obviously you've never been out of the 2002 forums. ;)

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doot to dooo

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my actual car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unfortunately the hyperblack does not have a silver machined lip. I can call 5Zigen and find out if it's an option. Wrst comes to worst you might be able to have someone in Canada machine that out for you and clear coat it.

Later.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SAGE FC said:
Worst comes to worst you might be able to have someone in Canada machine that out for you and clear coat it.

Later.
That's what I was thinking as well. ;)
Do you guys have a phone number? I realized it wasn't in the post, or at least I couldn't find it...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Automotive R & D
1626 Pomona Ave.
San Jose, CA. 95110

408-947-0505 office
408-947-0536 fax

I am a wholesale rep so I kinda run around during the day visiting our dealers. I would be more than happy to talk with you. My cell number is 408-799-6723. I'm at the office after 12 noon PST.

LAter, Rishie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts