The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in 2 weeks im ordering rims for my car (pictured below) and im going to have my windows tinted, but i want to know where should i go from there should i leave it with just a nice set of rims, or is there anything you guys think would make my car stand out, i dont want rice, i just want nice clean and tasteful mods, so what do you think leave it with just rims, or do more modding, i would like to get some of your guys imput on what you think would look good on my car, im not saying im going to let everyone decide on how i mod my car but i just want your opinions, heres a pic of the rims im planning on ordering

·
8,112 Posts
Want simple just get the wheels and a front lip (Stillen)? Im not going to say what to get cause I dont know what you money limit is and your goal for the car is.

BTW are those wheels going to fit? Dosnt look like it due to that hugh lip. If they do fit those are some sweet ass wheels! Good luck.

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
I also have the same year you have (2001 assuming) and I have quite a few things on my ride. Though it is a sleeper all of the goodies are inside the vehicle. These cars have sooooo much modding potential, so it's whatever you are looking for. Like TPhelps suggested it depends on what your financial situation is, and what goal do yo have set for the ride. I too want a nice, clean, competing vehicle that handles well. I'm almost there, got a few more to do. But I aint getting no lip, body kits, or crazy looking decals on my ride. Besides the exhaust, I want a sleeper look but still nice and sleek. I would say, all bolt ons (intake, header, pulley, exhaust) get a drop, but not too low, I think 2nd gens look nasty with it slammed to the floor, 1st gens look nice in that regard but no more then say 1.5 inch drop, and whatever else you are looking to get. All help is right here on the boards, so happy modding!!!

·
Banned
413 Posts
Those wheels will look sick if you can get them to fit. For mods deffinatly go with all bolts and a nice suspension set up. To get a little custom go with the lip, maybe mesh the front grille? Get some nice looking tails like the SEL style and you might think to shave the back and paint the headlight housings black if you want. Just some ideas, remember it's YOUR car dont let other peoples views steer you to mod your car a differnt way than you like. Good Luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am posotive the wheels will fit on the car, i was looking on a wheel site (discount tire) and they have a section that tells you if the wheel fits you car, i am planning on eventually doing a drop, but that will come in time and with money,
blackse-
just thought i would say from seeing the pic of your car in your sig that it looks sweet, its clean and tastefull good job,

in regards to what altimasport said about sel taillights, i was wondering what those are, what do they look like? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here are the se-l's

They came stock on the '99 se-l model. I think they look good, however if you want something a little more custom looking, the only other options are altezza's. I know a lot of people would disagree w/ this, but I think these lights are pretty nice looking...

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
01altimalimited said:
blackse-
just thought i would say from seeing the pic of your car in your sig that it looks sweet, its clean and tastefull good job

Thanks bro, that's is just a small portion (did I spell that right?) of what potential your ride has, and I have much much more to do, it's like a drug, once you start, you'll never quit, you just want more, and more things. And for some reason, it seems like you're never done, there is always something new that you want. But thanks for the compliment man, PM me if you have questions on other things you want to install, seeing that we have the same year, though I beleive you have a GXE I can give you good pointers on what the car is about. Pick up a Haynes too, they are excellent sources of info, and I'm always willing to help too. Welcome aboard!!!

·
Noir Mat
921 Posts
He can't put a lip on unless he gets the 98/99 front bumper, but if you like lips you could just paint that area on the bottom of the bumper that looks kinda like a lip, thats what im doing i'm gonna convert my bumpers to the 00/01's because i like the look of them better than the 99's i'm going for a jdm kinda look ...well as jdm as this car can be since i don't think there even is a jdm version of it...lol

peace
dante

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
just keep it clean and simple, i like the rims, get a matching carbon fiber hood, stock spoiler unless you've already got one on, intake, hotshot/stillen headers, swa pulley w/gates belts, 2 1/4 piping to magnaflow exhaust, tokico blues/sprint xs/ kyb gr2 struts, ground control coilovers or sprint/h+r/eibach springs, camber kit, stock foglights, etc... again, clean and simple

·
aka BigDirty
41 Posts
Serg_zone said:
get a 1 inch drop with some nice rims like you're getting. it should look sweet. By the way, what color is the car?

prefer a 2" drop, depending on the size of the wheel of course

1 - 13 of 13 Posts