The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Made Man
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for an aligment today and they told me that i need front springs, struts and strut mounts the estimate was for 780 with labor which is rediclous but i figured if i was going to spend that much i might as well lower it do you think the cost will be the same?

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Can you tell me how your stock springs go bad? I know it is possible, but very unlikely. I think they are BS'ing you. I would say that if your struts need to be replaced (more likely) and strut mounts, go ahead and get the KYB struts and KYB strut mounts along with KYB strut boots from tirerack, get some springs (Sprint, DropZone, H&R) and install everything yourself. You could get the whole thing done for much less then $700

·
i run blogs.
2,391 Posts
skizot said:
Can you tell me how your stock springs go bad? I know it is possible, but very unlikely. I think they are BS'ing you. I would say that if your struts need to be replaced (more likely) and strut mounts, go ahead and get the KYB struts and KYB strut mounts along with KYB strut boots from tirerack, get some springs (Sprint, DropZone, H&R) and install everything yourself. You could get the whole thing done for much less then $700
good words of advice.

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Yeah good advice. Seth if you dont know how to do it, I can help ya next time you come back to Champaign as long as its warm out again.

·
4,020 Posts
I busted one of my springs after I hit a pothole, so it is possible to mess them up...

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
The hardest thing for me when installing lowering springs was getting the 2 bolts that hold the struts in place off. I completely busted out a cheap 1/2 inch socket wrench doing so! Other than that it is a piece of chocolate cake.

·
Made Man
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rf_fanatic said:
Yeah good advice. Seth if you dont know how to do it, I can help ya next time you come back to Champaign as long as its warm out again.
I'll be home the week of the 8th i have a garage we can work in 'please let me know if you can help

·
Registered
530 Posts
can someone give me an approx installation price for springs and struts? i wanna get mine done this week but the nissan dealer wants like $400 (just for the labor, i already have all the parts) and thats freakin crazy. i wish me and my dad knew a little more about cars so we could do it ourselves. :(

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
DarkRyan007 said:
can someone give me an approx installation price for springs and struts? i wanna get mine done this week but the nissan dealer wants like $400 (just for the labor, i already have all the parts) and thats freakin crazy. i wish me and my dad knew a little more about cars so we could do it ourselves. :(
Whatever you do, DO NOT take it to a mechanic, they will charge you a rate/hour.

Find a shop that is reputible, but that will charge a flat rate either for the whole job or for front/back. Try smaller shops, look for import shops in your area.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
DarkRyan007 said:
these prices are a little high (+- $50)
kyb struts ... ~300
coilovers ... ~120-300
OR
springs ... ~200
self install ... ~2 six-packs

these are the prices i've seen online but check the for sale forum

·
Registered
530 Posts
the shop im gonna call up tomorrow is a really small one and they always give me good deals on stuff.....and there is a "Park Honda South" shop around her but i have no idea how much they'd charge.....

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Ok I got a few prices to get my springs put in and the cheapest was $300. Im gonna do it myself as soon as it gets warm.

And yeah Seth Im down for helping ya do it if ya come home. I have a jack,jack stands, and sockets. The only bitch is that I have no air tools but we can live without those. Oh yeah maybe we can put my springs in too if we have time :D. I have done suspension work on my friends car and I have a haynes manual so we should be set!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts