The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago my car got all messed up and I couldnt drive it. My clutch was stuck to the floor and it was smoking and shit. I thought it was the clutch but i took it to the mechanic and he said it was some throw bearing(not exactly sure if that is right). I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this or what it cost to fix. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Throw out bearing (aka clutch release bearing) is part of the clutch release mechanism that engages and disengages the clutch disc when you press and release the pedal. I replaced one on my Blazer and it took about 3 hours, but my Blazer is much easier to get at than my Altima...

To get at it, they got to pull the transaxle or the engine, so it is time consuming, but the parts are relatively cheap. If your pedal is stuck to the floor and it is smoking, you might have some disc damage as well. Parts won't be the issue, the labor will be.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
If it is stuck to the floor, it probably busted thru the "fingers" on the pressure plate. If the clutch has any miles at all, replace the entire assembly. Labor is going to be way more than parts, and not much more labor to do it all than to just do the bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts