The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
7418.2 Kbps using the at&t cable modem... got 4200 and 4800 the second and thrid time around....

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
cable varies depending on who is running on your neighborhood connection.. The CNET tester I don't really like cuz it tells me I am equal to a ISDN or a low DSL when I'm at work with my T-3 line...

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
hey roger what service did you go with? I am thinking of getting Qwest Cable services at my crib

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts

·
22,052 Posts
www.grc.com has all sorts of bandwidth testers...upload and download. They also have some good free security stuff that all cable users, well anyone, should check out. I run a few of their programs just in in case.

I have another one, can't remember the name, and it gives you the speed of any site you hit. It'll show you how much trafrfic the site is receiving, all that shit....

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
well this is wierd...

across 3 trials

CNET: 520 kbps

MSN: (which runs off CNET) 852 kbps

BandwidthPlace: 2251.5 kbps

pretty big jump... but seeing how CNET and MSN run off the same CNET one, I find it interesting that within moments of eachother, I get a 300 kbps difference...

·
I'm Sig-cop man! Meow.
1,314 Posts
Nearly all of those on-line speed test sites are inaccurate. They do not take into account so many variables, it isn't funny. I've done about a dozen different tests, and with-in 10 minutes, I had ranges from 198kbps to 970kpbs.

HOWEVER, I have downloaded files from sites and gotten 143KBps, notice the capital 'B'.

Specificly here......

Thats the McAfee virus scan dat update download center. I ALWAYS get maximum transfer rate with them. So I use them as a benchmark now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts