The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine has about 200,000 miles on it and its ready to go any second. I want a new engine for it but im kinda wanting a bigger/faster engine than the KA24DE if thats possible. Is there anything else i can put in it to replace? Anything>?? And also if i have to put the 2.4 back in, how much should the estimates be around??

·
Registered Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much am i looking to spend tho?? Even if i go to a junk-yard and buy the engine and have it put in by a mechanic.

·
Devoted Member
242 Posts
frosty2883 said:
My engine has about 200,000 miles on it and its ready to go any second. I want a new engine for it but im kinda wanting a bigger/faster engine than the KA24DE if thats possible. Is there anything else i can put in it to replace? Anything>?? And also if i have to put the 2.4 back in, how much should the estimates be around??
This is an easy one. SR20DET. Just look for a "front Clip" of a s15. (newer 240sx) Its got more HP then the KA24de, and it will most likely cost about 4-5K to get it installed.

Max

·
Banned
35 Posts
I found a Ka for 900 from a salvage yard and it has 6,000 miles on it.... not sure what you can find them for but thats ya best solution, or a sr-20 ive seen the swap done you have modify it a bit but it will fit, if the money fits in ya pocket right......

·
Got HAULIN' ASS?
234 Posts
Hey man I have an engine a KA24DE out of a 95' Alty. I need to get rid of it to pay for the work I just completed on my car, E-mail me at [email protected]
It's a very strong engine it has 45,000 miles on it , very clean.
well maintained, I'll sell it to you for a very good price. Get a hold of me by E-mail and we can work on a price.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: Re: I needa new engine.

stylin_240sx said:
This is an easy one. SR20DET. Just look for a "front Clip" of a s15. (newer 240sx) Its got more HP then the KA24de, and it will most likely cost about 4-5K to get it installed.

Max
Theres only one problem with that, the altima is fwd.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I needa new engine.

Dom said:
Theres only one problem with that, the altima is fwd.
I'm pretty sure you just fab the mounts and bolt up a sentra fwd tranny.......

·
Registered Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll prolly just go with the original engine. Its gonna cost too much to do otherwise. Thanks for the info though.

·
Popetastic
394 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts