The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight i went to a party in Queens. And i forgot my interior light on. So it was on from 10pm - 3:30am! I'm shocked the car didn't get broken into. Well as i walked up to it, i sad f*ck!! I beeped it praying it would work and it did. So my next worry was starting the car, especially since i had two drunk girls with me that had to be home, lol. And it started right up without a problem or hesitation! I was impressed to say the least! I'm a very happy customer :cool:

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
LOL i couldn've told you that. Optima batteries will pretty much NEVER die. even if u leave an accessory on for a period of time, they will ALWAYS have a charge left in order to start your car. so in essense, the battery will cut off, for examplt ur dome light, b4 ur battery dies.

My friend who has that Cavalier has underbody neon that have stayed on since the summer, he has an optima battery. no problems since. imagine leaving ur lights on for 6 months and come back to start your car and it starts right up, this shit is good stuff

·
Registered
62 Posts
My little brothers red top battery in his accord is a dead cell now and he only had it for about six months, seems like you're spending an extra hundred on something that will eventually die.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
UUANIMME said:
My little brothers red top battery in his accord is a dead cell now and he only had it for about six months, seems like you're spending an extra hundred on something that will eventually die.
Does he have a system? Red top + system = baaaaaad.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've owned a red top for about a month and a half now, never had a problem.

It's plenty for what I'm running.... which is pretty much nothing at all. :rolleyes: :D

No system, no interior/exterior lighting... red top and 50 bucks still sitting in my bank account didn't bother me at all... but then again I got the red top for 90 bucks from a great friend! ;)

·
Malfunctioning Member
1,191 Posts
TL said:

Nooooooo :p Yellow is the way to go, we settled this one a while ago.. lemme find the thread...
Okay, I read #17. The red top would satisfy my needs (no longer have an amp...R.I.P.) However, I'm planning on getting either a 300 or 400watt (rms) amp in a month or so. Should I go with the red or yellow (I really can't decide). Right now the only aftermarket accessory I have would be a set of driving lights. A MSD ignition is on the way though...arrgh, help me...help me pleeease :( :confused:

·
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RicerX said:
voids the warranty huh....ok one last question. Would the yellow top be able to handle the amp, MSD and driving lights?
You kidding? lol, look at ALLLL the crap in my car, and then re-ask that question :p ;) When i'm running EVERYTHING (video/audio stuff), i'm drawing about 2,000+ watts. It can handle it, believe me. :cool:

·
Ex 1st gen owner
1,298 Posts
yea

RicerX said:
voids the warranty huh....ok one last question. Would the yellow top be able to handle the amp, MSD and driving lights?

(this is the last question...honest :angel1: )
It will be fine the only reason I f**ked up my yellow top is cause i was havin alternator problems besides that I had never seen a yellow top ever come back 4 warranty at my shop

·
Malfunctioning Member
1,191 Posts
Chris said:
You kidding? lol, look at ALLLL the crap in my car, and then re-ask that question :p ;) When i'm running EVERYTHING (video/audio stuff), i'm drawing about 2,000+ watts. It can handle it, believe me. :cool:
good point......

you and your christmas lights....hehe :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.