The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My alloy is sratched to hell, but thats not a big deal. But my rim hit the curb sideways (not head on). My allignment is ****ed up really bad. Is there anything else I should look for? My car was making a popping noisebut then I fixed that. The black plastic in the fender was jammed in the spring.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
damn that cannot be good ... if i were u id get the front wheel off the ground ... put it in neutral ... and just spin it ... see if it wobbles side to side ... if it does u might have bent your rim ...
i bent my steelie (thought i threw off my alignment) by ~1.5" to the side ...

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
^^^agreed.

I did the same thing back in 2000....damn black ice.
If that's your problem, STAY AWAY FROM THE DEALER! Instead try locating a control arm in a junkyard. The dealer wanted $235, I got one from a wrecked alty for $75. Install took less than an hour (with air tools).

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Ditto on the control arm, and the tie rod should get a good looking-at, too.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Peterson said:
Bent control arm more than likely. And the ball joint might be a bit messed, and that can only be replaced with the control arm.

Also check the sway bar and sway bar link. Also the steering arm and tie rod. Cross your fingers the knuckle and bearing arent ****ed either. I have seen a ton of curb damage cars this year and the cheapest estimate I gave was about $1000. Let me know if you need parts:D

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Damn those curbs..they just pop out of no where sometimes. :eek:

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK update. I took my car to the shop and got it alligned. They said that I had bent something but they were gonna fix it with a "shim kit." Is this good or bad? When I go and get it Im gonna ask exactly what was bent. Im also gonna ask if they checked the rim, control arm, and tie rod. Thanks guys. I dont know shit about suspension parts!!

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK just picked up the car. They said that they checked the control arm, rim, and tie rod. They said that all it needed was a shim. Got the alligntment. It seems ok, but I gotta wait till tom when I drive it to chicago and see how it does on the highway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts