The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Anal
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 1 out of every 3 times i put my car into reverse, the rpms race and i go no where with an occassional studder... any ideas?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
roz said:
about 1 out of every 3 times i put my car into reverse, the rpms race and i go no where with an occassional studder... any ideas?
is this a manual or an auto?

if manual, out it into first and try to do a burnout, if the same thing happens as said above, then it's shot and time for a new one. Upgrade if you have the money. I have the ACT street disc and i love it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same Shyte

I recently had the smae problem. It very well could be your cluch (more than likley) but i had developed a small oil leak directly over the cluch, this caused a mild shit storm to erupt in my tranny. Shattered my input bareing and fried the cluch. Still only 600 to pull and repair, so fix u'r stuff fast b 4 it gets expensive

·
Anal
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry guys i feel like an asshole now! its an AUTO trani.

And just recently, possibly around the same time, my trany has been winding out, im not sure if thats the proper terminology but when i accelerate and it changes gears its not half as smooth, it winds out a lot longer then usual.

im now also having an oil problem! my rear main seal has been leaking, but not this bad, i went from full to empty in about 10 hours (although i was driving pretty hardcore on the freeway).

Oh and i just remebered when i first start my car in the morning and pull out of my driveway, during acceleration, as it changes into the first gear, i guess its second but i dont know because ive heard that when you have manual you never use 1st unless your stopped or climbing a hill, i dont know if that applies to auto but anyway when the trani changes into the first gear after accelerating it makes a pretty loud bang sound comming from the engine, sounds like from the center or maybe passenger side but i cant tell because it only happens once.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I had the same problem. *THE CURE* Kick your car, roll it out of the drive way, drive down the street a block, and try it a again. This is what happened to me about 5 months ago, and have not had any probs since. I think the miracle was the kicking part! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts