The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
ya i herd if you reprogram the key then you may be able to open the car with the old key, but not able to start the car..... this is also true if you try to make youreself a spare key at a key shop.... can open doors, but not start car cuz theres no chip in it..... still might wanna see your dealer

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
I think somebody stole my key, so what should I do? Do I need new locks/keys? I need help!!
Check Mike's pockets...he is always looknig for a chance to get used parts..:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
:rolleyes:
When I bought my car, the dealer told me to be careful not to loose the key, cause it would 180.00 to replace because of the chip inside..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Raven2325 said:
:rolleyes:
When I bought my car, the dealer told me to be careful not to loose the key, cause it would 180.00 to replace because of the chip inside..
BS... sorta.

I think the key itself is like $50. So they charge $130 to go through the programing sequence that take about 5 min.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
they told me it would be 70 bucks for a new key programmed....180??damns what a high mark up..

·
not your avg 4 dr
108 Posts
I've had one made for another car and it was 60. That's still getting raped in my book.

·
Banned
942 Posts
if you ever have a lost key

take your VIN # to your dealership, from that they can make you a key that can open the door but not start the car. incase you ever lose your keys in your car.

·
:) :) :) :) (: (: (: (:
172 Posts
One of my friends has a 2001 jetta. He brought his car in for service a while ago, and the dealership "lost" his key. He filed a police report, and notified the dealearship that he did. Even though all of my friends and I told him to have the dealership
(or another dealership) replace all of the locks, keys, and the ignition, he never did. Low and behold, about two months after that incident, the car was stolen from his driveway. No broken glass, no signs of robbery. The police found the car about a week and a half later in one of the towns nearby. The idiot who stole his car must have worked at the dealership and stolen his key b/c there were no signs of forced entry; no broken locks and no broken ignition. However, the good news is that whoever stole it was not able to get it where he/she was going because the asshole must have been driving recklessly, and they ended up scratching the hell out of his rims, sideskirts and underneath the body of the car. they also hit a rock or something similar b/c they cracked his oil pan. They also stole his dash kit, side markers, stereo equipment, and his cd's. But at least he has his car back, and the dealership's insurance payed for everything. Anyway, if you ever lose the key, I'd reccomend getting everything replaced.
:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts