The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a couple things I want to clarify. So far I have read that some expanding foam is the most comon fix. But is there some other way, like can't I lodge stuff (anything) in the cracks? Also, I get this sort of metal ringing sound, it's either the tension bars that support the trunk or the metal supporting the cone and the magnet in the factory rear speakers. It's really getting on my nerves, cause it takes away alot of the SQ. As for the trunk lid, I'm going to put on some sound deadning material, cause I know I'm losing a lot of sound through there. but what really bothers me is that damn rear and the metal vibrations sound. Cause bass isnt supposed to sound like it's comming from the rear, it's non-directional, but with that damn ringing, you just know that it is.

Someone please help! :D

G

·
dont use the foam! i have a friend at home depot and i asked him about the foam and he said that it wasn't anything that you'd wanna use in your car....i dont know if thats the foam your talking about, but a few days ago someone sed to use that foam

·
Ex 1st gen owner
1,298 Posts
expanding foam is good ummmkay

i wouldnt use it on your back deck, its hard to clean, use it in your inside lower quater panels and in the bracing to your trunk lid, dont try to clean it till it is completely dry

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
yo if your third brake light is rattiling then take it out and put in a red neon light it works great and the light doesnt hit the window causing a vibrational sound.

·
Just another ricer
777 Posts
3JLS said:
yo if your third brake light is rattiling then take it out and put in a red neon light it works great and the light doesnt hit the window causing a vibrational sound.
What are you insane? Nothing like drwaing the wrong attention to yourself

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
4bangn said:

What are you insane? Nothing like drwaing the wrong attention to yourself
Yeah, dem coppers are everywhere.

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DeRaNgEd said:

Yeah, dem coppers are everywhere.
What if I put 2 alternating read and blue lights as well as some strobes on my headlights? Would that be ok? :) Anyways, I'm going to try the lazy man's way out until I get my new system all bought. I want to have a custom mold done for my trunk eventually. That way I can have a stock look, and keep some cargo space. Then I'll go all out on the sound deadening. But for now I'm going to go ghetto, and start shoving things where it rattles (ie. pieces of rubber, cloth, put a blanket under my spare and try and tighten up my rear speakers. But I don't know what to do about the vibrating tension bar that holds the trunk up. ??? anyone?

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
219 Posts
Re: take it off

stealthmode20 said:
remove the back deck, put your seats back in and see if its still there(the noise) if so i would put money on it being your headliner, check it out.
Are you seriuos? the headliner dont rattle. its got nuthing to make it rattle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i just bought a 93' altima and the dumb ass that had the car before me put some aftermark speakers in the rear deck and didnt screw them in so they rattle like hell... tell me how the hell do i get at those speakers?

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
219 Posts
ok first. look at the bottom of your seat in back. there will be two bolts on the bottom of yur rear seat. unscrew them a bit. you dont have to take them all the way out. then pull up on the seat.Once you have those screws out far enough it'll come right out. now once you the bottom seat out, the are two screws on the bottom of the top seat. they'll be on the sides kinda. take them all the way out. now in the middle where your armrest is there will be 2 srews also on the metal bottom bracket. take those out. now if you've got all the screws out lift up on the seat back. (on the back its got some hooks it rests on so just keep trying till it gives. also make sure you got the screws out) now the rear deck where your speakers are. this is kinda fun. on both sides you'll see that the "board" goes under the pillars a little. just keep trying to get it out. Its kinda ornery. then you'll have full acsess to the speakers. Its sounds like alot but really once you do it once or twice it only takes 4 or 5 minutes. thats it now get out there and get those rattlie speakers!;)

·
was up
2,392 Posts
the headliner does rattle man.:D up front, by the sun shades.

but for the deck...go to an audio place that does installs and get some scrap carpeting. put it all back there so when you put the deck back on its nice and tight. thats what i did for mine. no problems and no rattles back there other than the brake light. but that only happens on high frequencies.

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
yo its not drawing any attetion with the third brake light it helps to keep the vibration down and it only turns on when the brakes are applied so the cops cant do nothing about it. plus it looks hot

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
219 Posts
Neegra said:
the headliner does rattle man.:D up front, by the sun shades.

but for the deck...go to an audio place that does installs and get some scrap carpeting. put it all back there so when you put the deck back on its nice and tight. thats what i did for mine. no problems and no rattles back there other than the brake light. but that only happens on high frequencies.
Its not the sun shades themselves is it? like the screws or something?

G

·
I used the foam under my rear deck with no problems. I also used it in the vanes of the trunk lid. good idea, bad implementation. Filled it all at once, leaving the foam no where to expand so it kind of warped my trunk lid. It has settled out and is not incredibly noticable unless pointed out.

Demmy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dementia said:
and yes the head liner rattles.

Demmy
Thank you!

When I turn my system up just part way... the roof starts jumpin'! It's horrible, but it's not as noticable to people because it doesn't make a huge noise.... but believe me, deaden the trunk and you'll find PLENTY more rattles...

It's a never-ending battle... lay down the cash and time to do it yourself or settle for turning your s**t down as you drive by a group of people. :D

Goodluck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.