The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will always wonder what if....
if i had the knowledge and thought process and the independent frame of mind i have now, i would have had a blast!!! i have been through soo much in the last few years, it just makes wonder what if i wouldve gone to college, if i wouldve encountered the same sh!t...
i think it wouldve been soo much fun.,..i mean i like school, i was good at it when i attended (at marina high in huntington, i ditched abunch to go to the beach)....
i wouldve loved to go to college in Germany....
anyone ever wonder the same thing???

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
i wonder if i had not gone to the college i went to sometimes

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
Every minute's another opportunity to turn things around. Why not start jr college and take it from there? After all, a few years is nothing in the long haul.

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
true that, i know guys that are married and in mid twenties and they are in class with me. i had a graduate student as my TA who was in his 40s

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
If I did not go straight out of HS..I never would have gone. I have been going back for my masters for about13 years now....never gonna happen

·
I am the universe.
1,539 Posts
I think that college is overrated sometimes. i'm not even 1/2 way done with college, and I'm not really worried about it. I think that when I know what I want to do, I will go out and do it. Now, it is true that things may have been easier, and you would have had a good time there, but most college people that I know, live in a la-la land because they have no real world exp.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, that right out of high school, college isn't for everyone. I wish I hadn't gone right away, and screwed up as bad as I did. Don't dwell on the past though, move forward now, as best you can.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
stockride said:
I think that college is overrated sometimes. i'm not even 1/2 way done with college, and I'm not really worried about it. I think that when I know what I want to do, I will go out and do it. Now, it is true that things may have been easier, and you would have had a good time there, but most college people that I know, live in a la-la land because they have no real world exp.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, that right out of high school, college isn't for everyone. I wish I hadn't gone right away, and screwed up as bad as I did. Don't dwell on the past though, move forward now, as best you can.
I agree.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Well I kinda had the best of both worlds, I worked for a year after high school and then when to college. That year before I went to college still ranks as the best year in my life! I had a banging girlfriend, I had many girls who were more than friends *hint**hint*, I had my 9 friends who were like brothers to hang with, I had an awesome car, I was popular, I partied my ass off and I was working so I had alot of money (well what I thought was alot) in my pocket. Life was great!

Then I had to leave Jamaica and go to college and start a new life, and for about 2 years it sucked. I broke up with my girl, lost touch with my friends, and was always broke. But I kept to the plan my Mom and I had when I left for college and I fought through all the rough times and dissapointments, things eventually got better and last year I graduated.

Now you know what? That year I had before college just might lose it's ranking as "best year ever" to this current year which coincidentally is my first year after college. It's like I am living 1996-1997 all over again, but instead of being young and almost totally dependent on my Mom, I am older, more mature, and independent.

AND I have a college degree that has opened up all kinds of doors for me. Life is great again!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
wild willy said:

Hospital/Health Care Admin. Willy too Lazy
You know, you kinda remind me of that doctor/nurse guy in the movie John Q. Remember him? He's the guy that was giving John Q's son the shots and stuff...anyway, looking at your pic with your son, there's a vague resemblence...

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
Now I am going to have to get the movie so i know what the hell you are talking about..

When you say shots...Vodka, Whisky, Gin???? Or medication

J

·
0 Posts
i move to my colllege tomroow im excited as a mother bish. mike and i are going to be best friends.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
wild willy said:
Now I am going to have to get the movie so i know what the hell you are talking about..

When you say shots...Vodka, Whisky, Gin???? Or medication
C'mon now...a nurse giving shots to a kid?? Well, yeah, its the movies...lol..but yeah it was medication.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
God i love college... the women, the parties, the fact i graudate next year with a BS... Im feeling like van wilder and wanting to stay for seven years (this is my forth and last year). Im piss broke, but really doesnt matter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts