The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who's Next?
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted yesterday how my alty when i start it up it sounds like it choking or it sounds real weak like it wants to turn off. and it only goes away once i rev it hard to 2000 rpms. or if i drive it when this occurs i give it gas and it lags and shakes until i rev it hard. so i was wondering if maybe it can be the idle. where is it suppose to at?? mine idles under 1000 rpms between the 0 rpm and the 1000. whe its in park. so im guessing its 500 rpms, is that ok?? would that affect my car to sound and feels?? cause i just put fuel injector cleaner cause i thought it may be a dirty fuel injector, or maybe a fuel filter replacement. i dont know it never happen to me before. but about a year ago my mechanic checked my ECU codes cause my engine light came on, and it read: vehicle speed sensor and: EGR solenoid. i replaced the VSS, but never the EGR solenoid. could that be the problem i described earlier??? please anyone :confused: thanks

·
22,052 Posts
With the car running, you can press up on the EGR valve and the car should try to stall out. There is a detailed description somewhere that was posted recently.

Your idle should be right around 700 rpm's.

I would definitely change the fuel filter, plugs, air filter, and maybe even the plug wires. Check the EGR, but otherwise, do the general maintenance stuff as well. It needs to be done routinely anyway....

·
Who's Next?
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, the last time i changed my ngk wires were about a year an half ago, and the fuel filter about year ago. and i needs an oil change to, so thanks guys. and about the idling i think i t is in 700 but ill check it. by the way i also adjusted the timing thinking that was it, but now my take off is amazing, i think i advanced it im not sure but its exactly in the middle form were you can move it up ro down. i dont have a timing gun. I hope the problem goes away with your imput guys, cause im afraid that my engine is done for it. my mechanic told me even dough i have 158,143 miles my engine is still good. one moe thing will i mess something up for now if i keep driving it? cause the problem only comes up when i start the car and it stops onecei reved it good???

·
projected member
919 Posts
with the egr code, your egr valve could be sticking. depending on how for open it is, it will make the idle rough or stall and poss. rough at low rpms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts