The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to do this but i'm afraid it will void my warranty. Also are there potential problems that can arise if i do this for example, is there a potenial of having alternator problems and computer problems if it shorts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, but I will point and laugh at you if you do it:)

Seriously, I believe it would be on them to prove that the kit caused the problem before they can void the warranty for the electrical system. However, if the kit does cause a problem, you're screwed, some dealers can be real pricks about this.

IMHO I think it would look ridiculous, but it's your car and you have the right to do with it what you wish (within the legal limits), just like I have the right to make fun of you for doing it :)

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
Max Power said:
No, but I will point and laugh at you if you do it:)

IMHO I think it would look ridiculous, but it's your car and you have the right to do with it what you wish (within the legal limits), just like I have the right to make fun of you for doing it :)
I agree, Neon's are definitely one thing I CANNOT STAND about this whole fast and the furious craze... that and chrome rims on imports.. on Escalades and Navigators, that's a different story. If I had either of those... they'd be sittin on chromed out 22's! :D

·
M W S
386 Posts
you're kidding, right?

what a waste of money!!! you purchased the car of the year (along with other accolades it has received) and turn it into a ricey civic!!

un-fu**ing-believable!!

i gotta ask. how old are you??

sorry if i come across as bashing, but i really am surprised that somebody would do that.

don't forget to put a sticker of the "bad boy taking a piss" on the rear window!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You people need to chill out. People have freaking diffrent taste in styles.

Thats why people dress in hip hop clothes, some dress in alternative so on and on.

no need to bash him. he just asked a simple ass question.

·
Moderate User
72 Posts
ThaiBruin said:

I agree, Neon's are definitely one thing I CANNOT STAND about this whole fast and the furious craze... that and chrome rims on imports.. on Escalades and Navigators, that's a different story. If I had either of those... they'd be sittin on chromed out 22's! :D
Ask producer Eric Lanuville if you could borrow the white Expedition. I'm sure he'll let ya, since DeShaun Foster won't be needing it after he signs his NFL contract :p

·
1,333 Posts
2002 Altima SE said:
You people need to chill out. People have freaking diffrent taste in styles.

Thats why people dress in hip hop clothes, some dress in alternative so on and on.

no need to bash him. he just asked a simple ass question.

I agree. Just remember the clothes you wore in H.S. Now look at what you wear. Everyone has their own style.

I don't like the neons underneeth cars. In H.S. I did! Im not going to make fun of someone cause they don't have the same taste.

·
M W S
386 Posts
JRC -

I agree that everybody has their own style

I'm not quite sure about your High School clothing analogy. People grow up and don't wear the same clothes as they did when they were younger. You don't see adults wearing GRRaninamls clothes or winnie the pooh t-shirts. Secondly, clothing styles change.

Certanly anybody can do what they want to their car. It is not wrong, but it sure can end up looking tacky. And, while they might not realize it, they might end up being laughed at rather than looking cool.

Somebody could go out and have Irish Spring pay them $2000 to paint their car the way people used to paint their VWs, but you have to agree, it would look awefully tacky on the Altima.

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
46 Posts
neon

As far as the neon kit you should only put it on if you think it will match the style of the car if it really doesn’t the my suggestion is save you money for other mods.

·
1,333 Posts
marks said:
JRC -

I agree that everybody has their own style

I'm not quite sure about your High School clothing analogy. People grow up and don't wear the same clothes as they did when they were younger. You don't see adults wearing GRRaninamls clothes or winnie the pooh t-shirts. Secondly, clothing styles change.

Certanly anybody can do what they want to their car. It is not wrong, but it sure can end up looking tacky. And, while they might not realize it, they might end up being laughed at rather than looking cool.

Somebody could go out and have Irish Spring pay them $2000 to paint their car the way people used to paint their VWs, but you have to agree, it would look awefully tacky on the Altima.

High School clothing analogy.

Just trying to say how even our own taste changes. When you look back ...don't you wonder about somethings and say "I can't believe I wore that" or "I can't believe I liked that".

·
M W S
386 Posts
my point exactly, jrc!!

do we really want our altima brethren to emabarrass themselves with neon lights?

i think not.

we need to save him from himself!!!! (okay, i'll admit i'm getting carried away now)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Underbody Neon Lights (From Fast & the Furious)

I have a Silver 2.5S and I was wondering if anyone had tried putting the underbody neon tube lights on their Altima. I am talking about the ones from the movie The Fast and the Furious, where the cars have those neon lights under them. Having a silver car, I also don't know what colors would look good. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Neon tubes

My suggestion would be to leave the Neon tubes to the cars on Fast and Furious !
Everytime I see neon underbody I think to myself how gay the driver must be. If you must do neon go with rainbow !!
HA !
:angry2:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.