The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if my automatich transmission can be programmed by the dealer to shift more firm and possibly faster.

I have such a big time gap in between 2nd and third is absolutely sucks...

Thanks for your help.

Bill

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
Hypertech makes a programmer for many cars. I seen one today on "Horsepower" TV. They got 43 more HP out of the cobra, just by using that programmer. Took minutes, and only cost $350.00 for the programmer. You can adjust shift point and all. I do not know if they make one for the Altima.

So you would think the dealer could do something.

http://hypertech.com/

·
Registered
976 Posts
Get a valve body job. The dealership theoritically could adjust shift points since that is done when the ecu tell it to shift. But as far as firmness, no you need a valve body job. And It is well worth it, I am going to get one. It will make it shift harder and faster than a stick, and with an auto you will never miss shifts, or **** up. Thats why some of the most insane transams and other big hp cars have auto with valvebodys. Hell a twin turbo linginfelter vette,"427 tt" will run a 9.5 quarter mile with a 6 speed, and a 8.5 with a auto. Well I have rambled on enough, sorry for the extra fluff in my answer, the dealership will not do it, save time and money and go to a transmission shop.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lowriderman3 said:
Hypertech makes a programmer for many cars. I seen one today on "Horsepower" TV. They got 43 more HP out of the cobra, just by using that programmer. Took minutes, and only cost $350.00 for the programmer. You can adjust shift point and all. I do not know if they make one for the Altima.

So you would think the dealer could do something.

http://hypertech.com/
That's what really go me thinkng yesterday^ I watched it and thought if they can do all that with a little hand held 350 dollar device..Why the hell can't Nissan?

Thanks Guys...

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
That was a great show. I wish Nissan could have something like that for us. 43 more HP for 350. I bet everyone on here would do that in a heart beat.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hey Willy;

It's not that your transmission is shifting slowly.. it's you right foot connected to the old body that's slow.

How the he-- are you?? Everything cool?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pvick said:
Hey Willy;

It's not that your transmission is shifting slowly.. it's you right foot connected to the old body that's slow.

How the he-- are you?? Everything cool?

LoL...I am fine..except for the hesitation and the slow soft shifts.....Maybe if I throw a little blue pill in the tranny that will firm it up:D

How is the TL treating you??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chulo15157 said:
That was a great show. I wish Nissan could have something like that for us. 43 more HP for 350. I bet everyone on here would do that in a heart beat.
That would be nice, however, our cars are not so loosely timed that 43 horses can be just conjured up. Now if our cars came standard with a super or turbocharger then such gains with a lowly chip are quite possible; however, if your car is normally aspirated, don't ever expect a gain of more than 15hp as that product is a fraud. (15 horses is also an extreme gain, and not likely to happen to most people.)
Sorry for the highjack

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Is it just me or is the title of this thread very un-willy like. I was almost scared to open it thinking he was going to be off his rocker blasting everyone for thread hi-jackin. Im waiting for the day he buys a TL and relaxes :)

However, I dont think there is anything like that for our altima. You can go to a shop to get stuff done but our cars arent exactly cobra's which are tuned. Our ECU's arent meant to handle different maps and such, we'd need a black box or something which nobody makes.

·
What! A prenupt!
383 Posts
Contact Jeff @ maximumtuning.com for a valvebody job. He's in New York. Talked to him once and he seemed very professional, but I never did this mod yet. Last time I checked, he offered 3 different levels on this-- a mild change, a medium change, and a very quick race level that shifts hard and fast all the time.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mikequad3 said:
Is it just me or is the title of this thread very un-willy like. I was almost scared to open it thinking he was going to be off his rocker blasting everyone for thread hi-jackin. Im waiting for the day he buys a TL and relaxes :)

However, I dont think there is anything like that for our altima. You can go to a shop to get stuff done but our cars arent exactly cobra's which are tuned. Our ECU's arent meant to handle different maps and such, we'd need a black box or something which nobody makes.
I'm not asking for 40 more hp..or even 20..I just want a tranny that shifts firm...Like my Prelude, and Bonnieville did..Is that too mcuh to ask of Nissan:confused:

Must I have a sports sedan that shifts like a cream puff;)

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
I think the reason that nothing like the hypertech has come out for our car is the drive by wire that gives the ecu people a hard time...what kind of shop would do a valve body job?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I doubt nissan would do it but it would be nice if rob could check and find out for us cause I would take mine in to see if I can get that done, IF nissan actually could do it.... im almost at 60k so I would be willing to try it if they could... Im kinda at the point where warranty isnt gonna be a issue anymore....

A tranny shop could do a vb job but I would personally only trust someone who has experience with nissans...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Bigox911 said:
I think the reason that nothing like the hypertech has come out for our car is the drive by wire that gives the ecu people a hard time...what kind of shop would do a valve body job?
level 10 does vb mods too.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just watched a Valve body Upgrade done on HP TV.....That is a bit more than I care to do in my garage..I know I would lose shit....Got to hire out for that!!

Not too bad.....But still..it is a tranny..I am not a mechanic....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts