The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I wish my car was stick
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions hopefully some of you can answer. 1. Does changing the spark plugs to an aftermarket spark plug add any benifits. 2. does getting an aftermarket spark plug wire add anything other then looks. 3. does the Jacobs I.C.E. pack really add 15 hp to a stock KA24DE engine like their ad says? Does it add any hp at all? 4. Would it be better to purchase such an ignition if your car is stock or if it has mods?

·
Registered
701 Posts
good question.....wish I knew.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
They only way you would get 15 HP out of an ignition was if you were running N2O or a turbo, and 15 would be pushing it. Otherwise, you probably get better gas milage and thats about it.

·
Banned
1 Posts
T-Money said:
A few questions hopefully some of you can answer. 1. Does changing the spark plugs to an aftermarket spark plug add any benifits. 2. does getting an aftermarket spark plug wire add anything other then looks. 3. does the Jacobs I.C.E. pack really add 15 hp to a stock KA24DE engine like their ad says? Does it add any hp at all? 4. Would it be better to purchase such an ignition if your car is stock or if it has mods?
1. I went from regular NGK to platinums, and I felt a noticeable difference.

2. When I changed plugs, I added NGK wires. Been fine so far, and again, noticeable change.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
if you go onto the jacobs website they explain all the benefits. 15HP doesnt seem right though. they recommend it for stock vehicles as well because there is a GUARANTEED increase in gas mileage. im sure in the long run it will pay for itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts